cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero Views

I'm selling my items nearly every day, but everytime I view my listings they ALL  (250 of them) say ZERO VIEWS. Is this my computer's fault or a glitch on eBay's end? It happens quite often to me. Anyone else having this problem??

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: Zero Views

Same thing is happening to me, items even have watchers and no views, crazy 😞

Message 31 of 53
latest reply

The views and watch count helps to see how successful is an item/listing.

If you post a listing and there are no views or watchers you may have the opportunity to fix the title, photos, description, category, price or any error that you have have on it.

Message 32 of 53
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was receiving the amount of views then suddenly they went to 0.  A few hours later it went back to the amount of views.  It was randomly doing this a few times and now,  my views are all staying at 0 even tho I had friends go on and view them to test it out.  There is definitely a problem. If you have watchers, then you should have views. It only makes sense. Please ebay, fix this.

Message 33 of 53
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this affecting your app and the actial website or just the app?

Message 34 of 53
latest reply

Both. Affecting App and Website.

Message 35 of 53
latest reply

Same problem with me right now...I have multiple watchers on items yet 0 views lol somethings wrong there

Message 36 of 53
latest reply

If you sell the item what do the views matter? itsmostlikelytrashnottreasurse - unquote  

- @@a_cheap_heap101

Here's my point of view   . Having a lot of views and even a lot of watchers on an item  you're selling  doesn't mean its going to actually  sell ,, at least not as fast as you'd think . Not having views and no watchers doesn't mean no sale either . I've sold things at the very last minute  that I had already decided not to relist another 30 days  . . However  views do matter to me never the less . Whenever I make something new that I've never sold before  and list it . Its the view count that sort of lets me know there's at least  some interest . tulips 

Message 37 of 53
latest reply

They used to revert back for me, but now they add on and stay on!! I love tulips and turquoise, but have never seen a turquoise tulip! Have you? Cute name. jz- 5682 --  unquote -------------

Thank you !  Tulips are my favorite flower and I love the color turquoise too  , so I picked the name . I've never seen a turquoise tulip either ,, but I'd love to ! I know its possible to change the color of a white rose  by putting food coloring in its water ,, but not sure if that can be done with other flowers . I may need to look into this one day . 🙂  

Message 38 of 53
latest reply

The views and watch count helps to see how successful is an item/listing.

If you post a listing and there are no views or watchers you may have the opportunity to fix the title, photos, description, category, price or any error that you have have on it.miamiseller - unquote -----------------------------------

That's  how I see it too . If I sold blankets or toasters  etc  then this no views gliche wouldn't bother me as much . However  I make the jewelry that I sell here and usually there's never two that are exactly alike . When I see someone has clicked on one of  my listings  that at least lets me know there is  some interest . There's another point I'd like to make as well . Seems theres new gliches every day  lately  and they  don't seem to be able to stop them . All these gliches  could be just symptoms  of a much bigger  disease . Like I mentioned to someone else earlier ,, if the sellers are experiencing all these problems  then theres no reason to believe  the buyers are not . If that's the case ,, then that  will affect everyone's sales . tulips 

Message 39 of 53
latest reply

That's rather interesting. I haven't noticed that problem from my end. I guess your situation is pretty unique since my view count has been increasing steadily. mesh to jz 5682 -  unquote -------------

I wouldn't say the no views gliche is unique to only one seller . There's been a flurry of new threads started  about this problem  just in the last few days  with different  sellers complaining of the same thing.  Some have called e bay  about it . I plan to do the same tomorrow morning .  tulips 

Message 40 of 53
latest reply

Getting too views without a sale will hurt your listing and eBay's algorithm will put your listing lower on the Best Match search results. I've been an eBay seller for 2 years, so I know how eBay's search algorithm operates behind the scenes. mesh - unquote ---------------------

Doesn't all of that depend on what sort of items you sell ?  I've also been selling  here quite awhile  since 1996 in fact . Its always been my own experience in the past  that best match is paired with  best price and seller stability  and not on viewcount .  However I'm not saying that's  still true  now  but I do  think a lot has to do with the type of items as well  . tulips 

Message 41 of 53
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

I was receiving the amount of views then suddenly they went to 0.  A few hours later it went back to the amount of views.  It was randomly doing this a few times and now,  my views are all staying at 0 even tho I had friends go on and view them to test it out.  There is definitely a problem. If you have watchers, then you should have views. It only makes sense. Please ebay, fix this.-------------------

I called e bay this morning about this issue . I was transferred to the correct department . They  said they're  aware of the no views problem and have been working to resolve it . I was given an estimated time of July 4th or possibly sooner  before it will be fixed .  tulips 

Message 42 of 53
latest reply

@art4776 wrote:

Thank you jz-5682. Information is power.

By the way, just went into my account and the views are gone again. Called EBAY and got nowhere !!!----------------------

Gliches are not only frustrating  but they can also  be symptoms of even worse problems currently  happening or to come  . Its very  essential for both sellers and buyers here to have a smooth running operation . As before mentioned I was switched  over  to the correct department this morning at e bay  after I  called to ask about the lack of views problem . They've been aware of this issue   as it seems to have become worse over  the last week or so , effecting quite a few sellers . I was  given an estimated time of July 4th  or perhaps a bit sooner  before its resolved . tulips 

Message 43 of 53
latest reply

Having similar issues with no viewers showing and it's so frustrating. Over 1/2 of the week is gone and I've had no views on over half of my listings. I thought it was the way I listed the items for sale. I'm glad I saw this and I hope Ebay will get this fixed.
Message 44 of 53
latest reply

And to know if you should relist. If you've had lots of views but it didn't sell maybe it's worth listing again. 

Small amount of views don't relist.

However, trusting eBay's system could be a waste of time? They have an enormous amount of glitches

Message 45 of 53
latest reply