cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You would THINK Ebay would & COULD give FREE listings for Sellers at Christmas time.

Being so close to Christmas,   You would THINK Ebay could give sellers FREE listings;  After all,  when their items sell,  Ebay stands to make plenty of money off the sales!   It's not like they would Lose money.    Geez ...….. whats FREE listings to them anyways >>>>>>>>> !!!!  

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: You would THINK Ebay would & COULD give FREE listings for Sellers at Christmas time.

Free listing day was traditionally Boxing Day IIRC

Message 31 of 38
latest reply

Re: You would THINK Ebay would & COULD give FREE listings for Sellers at Christmas time.

@laurabeardsley wrote:

It is supposed to be random but since I have only received one in over 3 years I question just how random it is. What concerns me is there is no communication coming from Ebay on any subject of any kind. Are they still there? In the announcement there  have been several updates on some of the members complaints and Jordan Sweetman of eBay  has  a post on the  Discussion Boards titled Ask me anything

That I can't answer.  But I do know  have received at least two every year since 2010.  Some folks report they get more.  If the are free I'm happy and thankful for that.

Sometimes a diamond sometimes a chunk of coal.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 32 of 38
latest reply

@*ladybug1* wrote:

Being so close to Christmas,   You would THINK Ebay could give sellers FREE listings;

I have gotten free insertion specials of 500, 200, 500, and 100 on both selling accounts in the last month or so, in addition to my 50 free insertions.

Message 33 of 38
latest reply

@fuzzface50 wrote:

I remember when I first started selling here that we paid for every listing and got 1- 24 hour period to list for free a year.  That day was on Christmas day.  Very few listed on that day so they made that day free.

That may have been before my time. When I was a beginner it was Free Listing Day on Boxing Day.  People would come on the boards with graphs tracking the explosion of listings as everyone piled on. My friend and I loaded TL or simply spent the whole day listing (free double categories, too!). The difference was that a lot more sold back then. 

Message 34 of 38
latest reply

I remember the days when eBay was giving out 25,000, 50,000 free listings over the course of 3-4 days. It was misery being a buyer on those days because the site would get so clogged, and since 1-day and 3-day listings didn't encur any more fees, sellers were listing all of this stuff over and over at 1 day and 3 days.  They'd clear out their stores and dump everything into these free listings.

If you were searching on just about anything you'd just see the same old stuff every.single.day. 

ETA: Why does this keep failing authentication?

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 35 of 38
latest reply

That is true. Retail is an always changing situation. My items that don't sell eventually get bundled into groups that I essentially give away or recycle. I used to get numerous extra free listings around the major holidays. Not recently or even for the past 18 months. It stopped before I downsized my store to basic.
Message 36 of 38
latest reply

@corvettestainless wrote:

Yes, all listings free for all, then we'll have 750,000 size 7 black women's 'flat' shoes to choose from, instead of the 46,000 we have now. 

So true. Then we will have the regular 6 posters swearing Ebay hides their items. We will have 30 posters saying no one buys here anymore. And of course those 180 sellers that did manage to get a buyer will not come here as they are happy with Ebay. Smiley Surprised

Message 37 of 38
latest reply

@disneyshopper 

Just a heads up; you need to put other posters quotes in Italics, quotations, or something to differentiate their comment from yours. It reads as all one statement from you and does not come across as you probably intended.  

I usually do remember to italicize a poster's response, but sometimes I forget.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 38 of 38
latest reply