cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You guys know best:

I'm not stressing over this, but you all know best what direction I should take.

I got a return so of course I clicked to make the refund after the item is returned.  So far, on that we are on track.

Here's what's going on "behind the scenes":  He took one of the diamonds to GIA, a grading business.  It's common to do this for a good gem, but not for testing to see if a gem is real because it costs $70.00 to do the lowest level of grading.  (Appraisal is about $150.00 which would give a more involved grading and a value price). 

My buyer said in the return that he doubted the stone was a real diamond, so he sent it to GIA.  It hadn't come before he started the return and asked for me to refund the $70.00 along with the original $66.00 (free ship).  Since then he's messaged me to demand the $70.00 to his Pay Pal account.  Then, in the next days, he got the report and sent me a photo of it.  Of course it says the diamond is real.  It's been treated (irradiated/heat) for color. 

Also, he's threateed my feedback if I don't give the $70.00 to his pay pal account.  I told him if ebay tells me to do that, I will.  I know they won't. (He could have just as easily taken the diamonds to a jeweler for a free test.)

This is what I'm wondering:  Do I wait for this to end and then see what the feedback is from him, or contact ebay and send/tell them he's threatening feedback revenge and wants me to send $ outside ebay's site?  I have the messages for proof but the refund is pending so his feedback is not there yet.

My gut says to wait.  Correct?  Or a mistake?

BTW, I've been polite, said I'm happy to make the refund (and I am!) and already BBL'd him.   

Thanks a bunch!~~Barb

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: You guys know best:

I would try to open the return in front of my post man! keep an eye open for them or ask the Post Office to maybe hold it and open it in front of the manager. 

Message 46 of 50
latest reply

I do not think eBay EVER makes you refund MORE than you were paid! 

Message 47 of 50
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

@odditiesandantiquities1

I understand the difference ... but the OPs listing stresses the fact that these stones are untreated in any way.

The diamond was listed as "Natural, not enhanced".

eBay's diamond policy says that they need to be listed as "Enhanced" and that any treatment is to be disclosed, and the word "Enhanced" needs to be in the title.

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/jewelry.html

Click on "Diamonds" to see the specific diamond rules.

Yikes, I clicked on your link and it said to see the US Federal Trade Commission guidelines. Do not go there. It will make your brain erupt just trying to read it. ARRGGGHHH the pain!

Message 48 of 50
latest reply

Quote: "I responded to the other post. "Natural" is a term that can be used for a colored diamond that has been removed from the ground. It is whether a diamond has been enhanced by various methods that is another quality of the diamond. If the buyer had a good understanding of naturally occuring pink diamonds and their value, he would have been trying to get a really really good deal.
On the site naturaly colored diamonds, they have a .11 carat pink diamond that is listed for $10,950. That is the "real" price for a pink diamond all natural. 90% of the colored diamonds you see here have been treated in some form or fashion, but are still considered natural.
When a diamond is $10,000.+ it's because it's an amazing grade and size.
Thank you! You stated it very well.~~Barb
Message 49 of 50
latest reply

Thank you.
And we wonder why some posters have left. This is one of the reasons, I'm sure. Some folks love to stir up trouble.
I'm glad to see there's one with a clear head and a good soul.
Message 50 of 50
latest reply