cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yesterday I Canceled an auction b/c I "lost" the ltem and today I found it. Can I uncancel? How?

I did not want a strike for late shipping and was convinced I lost the item but Woke up to pack another item and it was with the other item. Can eBay restore all?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Yesterday I Canceled an auction b/c I "lost" the ltem and today I found it. Can I unca

No, what is done, is done.

You will retain the defect for cancelling the sale.

No do overs.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Re: Yesterday I Canceled an auction b/c I "lost" the ltem and today I found it. Can I unca

You can't.

You have to re-list it.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Too late. You can contact the buyer and tell him that you found it and you can list it with a BUY IT NOW at the price that the buyer won. You tell him that the ad will start at 9 pm EST (for example) and they can buy it if they still need it.  You need to be more careful on where you store your items.  It's an awful feeling to sell something and then you cannot find it. I have been there.  

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Nope, no do-overs on this one. Apologize profusely to the auction winner, explain everything and ask if they want to buy it on a buy-it-now with a 5% discount for their troubles.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Yep, on the 'widget hunt' myself right now.

Moved recently and cannot for the life of me remember what it got packed in.

To make matters worse I know EXACTLY where it was in the old place, but here, nope. Added to which it's like tiny, maybe 3" tall and could have been popped inside a mug or a corner of a box or wherever.

Luckily the buyer is being patient and REALLY wants it, so is happy to wait until I go through all the wrapped stuff in boxes etc. I'll already get a ding for not shipping on time, so that's not a concern anymore. I just want to FIND it, then I'll ship it for free (not that the buyer knows that yet).

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Just for future:  It's better to get the minor ding for being a day or two late to ship something while you look for it than a big smacking defect for cancellation.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

True that.

I KNOW it's here (somewhere).

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for replies, matter resolved, buyer re-bought and I threw in a few extras. I know moving changes the places where we put things, bought like 40+ rolls or scotch tape last year when Kroger had a mark down, just found them a few days ago.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@gazebotree2  You are definitely not the first seller who has moved or misplaced something and then can't find it!

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 10 of 10
latest reply