cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you sell farm ground on eBay?

I inherited some farm ground in Ohio. I was debating whether to try to sell it on eBay. I talked to my attorney, and he stated it would be no big deal and that he would do the paperwork. I have noticed that real estate transactions are not binding here, but that would be no big deal.  Strange question, but I would be interested in any of your thoughts. Thanks for viewing!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Personally, I would not sell land on eBay. I would instead create an advertisement on Facebook, and not have to deal with 13.99% fees. 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@majorminor_resale wrote:

Personally, I would not sell land on eBay. I would instead create an advertisement on Facebook, and not have to deal with 13.99% fees. 

The fees for real estate are not 13.99%.  The fees are shown here, under Fees for Real Estate Listings:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4822

-

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

With so many more local options, not sure eBay is the best place for this.  

The main advantage of eBay is a wide pool of potential buyers all over the world.

You don't really need that for such a localized item.  

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Due to the complexities associated with real estate transactions, despite what your lawyer says, not something I would list on eBay. It's also probably not a place most people look for real estate. There are simply too many other options available. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I'd have to figure that 99%  of the people interested in farm land,   Or developing farmland

would be local to where the farmland actually is located.   

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

As Joe Biden would say...... "Don't "

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

No Way.I can see only bad things happening trying to sell farmland on Ebay.Would get a local agent where the property is located.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

And.... tryudhaahhsbfnegh intehajdkiwiowidh cornsidhdhdjhjwdhj....Pal.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

No-use a local suction service

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Why on Earth (no pun intended) would you even consider selling this land on eBay?  Is your no big deal attorney even remotely familiar with selling on eBay?

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Talk to the farmers right next to your property, & see if they would be interested.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply