cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would listing a Velcro Sales Corporation Sample Packet and Introduction letter, get me a VERO?

Would listing a Velcro Sales Corporation Sample Packet and Introduction letter, get me a VERO?

20210417_084431.jpg

20210417_084308.jpg

20210417_084331.jpg

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Would listing a Velcro Sales Corporation Sample Packet and Introduction letter, get me a VERO?

As I quote from eBay's VERO program:

Examples of infringements

• Items that bear the rights owner's trademark—such as a logo—but were not authorized by the rights owner.
  • Unauthorized copies of audio, video, or other media.
  • Unauthorized use of a rights owner's images or text in a listing.

I noticed that Velcro Companies is part of the VERO program and if you look at this pdf here it doesn't say anything about using a vintage cooperate letter by the company itself. Now I would contact them and see if its okay to list just to be on the safe side.

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Re: Would listing a Velcro Sales Corporation Sample Packet and Introduction letter, get me a VERO?

Your item clearly is genuine, but Velcro is notoriously energetic in using VeRO complaints. IMHO it's a valid listing but that won't stop the Velcro company from getting it pulled.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Never use the name "Velcro" in a listing it is trademarked

Use another word like "Hook and Loop"

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Don't use their trade name as bots will be looking for it.  Hook and loop sample kit might work.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

If I was you, I would not sale it, or try to sell it.  The money that you will get, will not be enough for the trouble that is worth.  Good luck.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@coastaltechsolution wrote:

Never use the name "Velcro" in a listing it is trademarked

Use another word like "Hook and Loop"

The item in question won't generate much interest without the name Velcro, which the OP is legally allowed to use, since it's a genuine Velcro product. But as others have said, that doesn't mean Velcro won't VERO it; it just means they don't have a legal right to do so in this case.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

In answer to your question, i would say NO.  NO violation. But you never know.

To follow up to the people who advise you not to use the word "velcro".  I sell several baseball caps listed  with "adjustable velcro strap".  I have no idea if they are genuine velcro or not. I never had an issue with VERO.  

Good luck and stay safe. 

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Personally, I would change them to hook and loop, and do it BEFORE you get a VeRO. 

If you get enough dings, you could end up suspended. 

On the letter question, I would list it and sell it. It's genuine velcro,

Message 9 of 9
latest reply