cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woohoo - the REPEAT BUYER tag is now on the AWAITING SHIPMENT PAGE

Woohoo!  I want to give Ebay IT some credit for a change.  A few months ago, when the REPEAT flag was added, I complained that they added on a screen that you rarely had to go to.   I never went to the Orders screen unless there was something unusual I had to check.  

Well guess what?  Tonight (it was not there earlier today), I now have a REPEAT BUYER tag exactly where it should have been in the first place, right below the buyer's NAME on the AWAITING SHIPMENT page!   I AM SO HAPPY!!!  No more having to look in multiple places!  

Now, if they could only let me print a packing slip with 1 click, instead of 3 from the AWAITING SHIPMENT page & notify me with SEND OFFERS, when someone got to the listing via a PL, I'll throw a party 👍 

jasmen@ebay  velvet@ebay  Can you please say a HUGE THANK YOU to the appropriate team!  I want them to know how much this is appreciated, since I had previously complained about it.  It's so rewarding to actually see a requested change happen that makes our lives easier instead of ridiculous Snapchat stuff LOL.   Thank you! 

ETA:  It's still on the Orders screen as well, for those of you who go there. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Woohoo - the REPEAT BUYER tag is now on the AWAITING SHIPMENT PAGE

Yes! I saw that earlier this week (Monday) that the tag is now on the Orders page without having to drill down to individual Order Details. It's a helpful addition. 👍

Must be a phased rollout, albeit a quick one, since I've had it for nearly a week and you're just getting it tonight.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

wastingtime101 wrote:

Must be a phased rollout, albeit a quick one, since I've had it for nearly a week and you're just getting it tonight.

Or maybe I just didn't have a repeat buyer until today.   But yeah, it's great news!  It's so encouraging that a change that was actually beneficial & requested, got done too. 

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

After reading this thread, I checked and have it too! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Thanks so much for the feedback @simply-the-best-for-you we're so happy to see you like it! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@simply-the-best-for-you 

I had not noticed, but yes, it is there. 

Thanks for sharing.  One of the better features - there is always something great about realizing it is a repeat buyer and they returned to shop with you!

Used to search on an XL spreadsheet we keep and this is a thousand times better!

Thanks again for sharing!  Woot!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

It would be great if you could click on the Repeat Buyer line & actually see what that buyer has purchased in the past. 

As is, it serves no purpose for me.  Nice to see, but nothing more.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I liked seeing it too, not sure what use it will actually have for me yet.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@aeparts1 wrote:

It would be great if you could click on the Repeat Buyer line & actually see what that buyer has purchased in the past. 

This could be because listings only last on eBay for 90 days, and eBay may or may not have that information handy.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@aeparts1 wrote:

This could be because listings only last on eBay for 90 days, and eBay may or may not have that information handy.

@luckythewinner  the repeat buyer tag shows they are looking back at a period of 2 years when you hover over it, so one would assume they have to have sales records going back at least that far.

repeatbuyer5-27-1.png

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

]yet performance tab/sales shows 0 repeat buyers while paid and shipped history shows contrary. 017DAC59-1D7D-46AE-B709-FC6264D714F3.jpegDEB6883D-5324-4D78-8719-01E5BAAA706B.jpeg

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@partfinds wrote:

]yet performance tab/sales shows 0 repeat buyers while paid and shipped history shows contrary. 017DAC59-1D7D-46AE-B709-FC6264D714F3.jpegDEB6883D-5324-4D78-8719-01E5BAAA706B.jpeg

@partfinds I noticed the same thing and I think at least part of that is that difference in timeframes being looked at - the order page appears to be looking back 2 years, the performance/sales tab is going by whatever date range you have selected (I believe it defaults to 31 days).

Not sure that's the *only* explanation for discrepancies, there could be others, but I think that's likely a big factor.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@valueaddedresource   

I think it IS the time period difference.  My Performance/Sales tab has 2 & it specifically says for the prior time period, which appears to be a rolling 30 day period. 

On the Awaiting Shipment & Orders page, it's a 2 year look back. 

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Thanks @valueaddedresource 

True. Didn’t think of it. Just reran the report extending timeline and yes got repeat there. 

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I AM THRILLED TO SEE THAT!!!!!!!!! I used to track repeat customers via paypal but since they replaced that with managed payments, I could only see them over the prior 90 days on here, or do a search in my emails sent to my shippers. It is a HUGE help to me and I am very excited to see this added to the orders page. It literally just made my year. LOL. WOOT! WOOT!!

Message 15 of 15
latest reply