cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wither Throttling?

Whatever happened to all the conspiracy theories about listings being throttled by eBay?  That hasn't come up lately.  Is it possible this pipedream has finally been debunked?

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Wither Throttling?

Throttling is still alive and well and I have proof!

I have not had ANY views in the last 24 hours and don't try and tell me it's because I put all my selling accounts on Time Away until October 2nd!

FYI - The word Throttling has appeared in 4 threads in September, 7 threads in August, 12 threads in July and 24 threads in June........

You know something, you might just be right, throttling is clearly dying faster than eBay, down 83% in just 4 months.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 22 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Wither Throttling?

There was one particular shoe salesman that led the throttling brigade.  Have not noticed anything from him in awhile. 

Posting ID
Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Wither Throttling?

Maybe he got the boot?

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Wither Throttling?

The guilty parties have been arrested and are being held in Area 51.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Wither Throttling?

Or possibly sent to the Scrounge Lounge.

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Wither Throttling?

Need more throttling on people with bad metrics.

So many bad sellers need to be purged.

Ebay needs to do better for buyers, streamline returns so they are completely automated and instantly provide labels removing loop holes like require RMA.

Increase consumer confidence, because eBay is just becoming a place that creates a bad buyer experience.

No wonder I buy on other sites and only sell here.

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Wither Throttling?

I think it became a way of life on eBay, just like slow sales will become a way of life. People wonder, then question, then society corrects them.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Wither Throttling?

Whatever happened to all the conspiracy theories about listings being throttled by eBay? That hasn't come up lately. Is it possible this pipedream has finally been debunked?

No they just got tired of being bashed by other sellers. So they picked up all their toys and moved to different venues where they sale and buy there. Never to return to buying or selling on Ebay again. I hope that answers your question when your sales are not what they use to be. Have an Awesome weekend 🙂

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Wither Throttling?

Well, it's nice we finally got the children out of the house and we don't have all those toys all over the place anymore.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Wither Throttling?

They were replaced with Chinese toys now. And ALOT of them

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Wither Throttling?

@robbie31415 

I am not a cheerleader but, 

They are, and you can see from posts here.

Ebay needs to do better for buyers, streamline returns so they are completely automated and instantly provide labels removing loop holes like require RMA.

eBay is good for buyers, it's automated and the seller can choose how to handle the return, RMA is optional, where's the loophole? I like to know; I may use it.

Increase consumer confidence, because eBay is just becoming a place that creates a bad buyer experience.

The site does, but not the sellers.

I do the same but still buy on eBay.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

Wither Throttling?

Throttling is still alive and well when you search by Price + Shipping:  lowest first.  Example:  search for 

collectibles postcards.  5 of the 6 sorts show 8,700,000 results or 8,500,000 results (Best Match).  But if you sort by Price + Shipping:  lowest first only 4,700 results are shown due to eBay "streamlining" (or throttling), just 0.00055 % of all results.  You have to click on See more results to circumvent this throttling.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Wither Throttling?

So....one mouse click eliminates the dreaded throttling.  Got it.

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Wither Throttling?

@ten_o_nine wrote:

@robbie31415 

I am not a cheerleader but, 

They are, and you can see from posts here.

eBay is good for buyers, it's automated and the seller can choose how to handle the return, RMA is optional, where's the loophole? I like to know; I may use it.

The site does, but not the sellers.

I do the same but still buy on eBay.

I think eBay has a lot of potential, however a lot of the vocal minority here are stuck in the past when eBay had much less competition.

Most of the purges I seen lately have been overseas, and less domestic sellers. Ebay needs to step up domestic purges, and i don't just mean in regards to Vero or bot counterfeit detection.

I'm sorry, but almost everyone I know turns on require RMA, just to block label generation and it has nothing to actually do with RMA.

These days consumers expect instant labels. EBay needs to look at how the their competition are doing things and adapt. Yes, they have created steps in automating returns, but it's still very limited. They need to go further.

The site did give consumer confidence, and probably does still for many. I would say that it doesn't for new buyers, and what eBay needs is new buyers. One of the reasons is the amount of control given to sellers.

Just reading posts here, so many sellers openly admit to violating policies and canceling sales for no valid reason. This doesn't happen on Amazon. I buy something, I get it. Simple.

I usually have no reason to buy on eBay. The price is similar or same on Amazon, the item is going to arrive half the time with no additional cost, and I get no arguing returns. It is what it is.

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Wither Throttling?

It is written  in the ebay user agreement that ebay can do what they wish for ANY reason.

4. Policy Enforcement

When a buyer or seller issue arises, we may consider the user's performance history and the specific circumstances in applying our policies. We may choose to be more lenient with policy enforcement in an effort to do the right thing for both buyers and sellers. The foregoing does not limit or impair our right to refuse, modify, or terminate all or part of our Services to anyone, or to terminate this agreement with anyone, for any reason at our discretion.

• We strive to create a marketplace where buyers find what they are looking for. Therefore, the appearance or placement of listings in search and browse results will depend on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to:
    • buyer's location, search query, browsing site, and history;
    • item's location, listing format, price and shipping cost, terms of service, end time, history, and relevance to the user query;
    • seller's history, including listing practices, Detailed Seller Ratings, eBay policy compliance, feedback, and defect rate; and
    • number of listings matching the buyer's query,
  • To drive a positive user experience, a listing may not appear in some search and browse results regardless of the sort order chosen by the buyer,

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 15 of 25
latest reply