cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why would buyer that is reselling my item ask me this?

I sold an amplifier to a guy who, after it was shipped, asked for a refund of the item, and if it was too late, it was not a problem, he would just resell it on eBay. So in the interim, he asks me if he could use my wording and pictures of the item for his listing since he claimed he didn't have the correct harness for his vehicle. I sent him my pics and he listed the item. He left me good feedback and I reciprocated. Now a few days later, ai get a message saying the following: "Hello,
When I bought amp from you, your ad stated "Works As Advertised" and "Used - Like new." in the description section. Initially, with your permission, I have taken both your description and photos for my ad. Now I am thinking of updating the ad. Since, I don't have a harness, I can't test the device. Could you please confirm that the device works "like new", i.e. fully operational and it functions as intended, so that I can include that in the description?
Thank you!

Now, I gave him the harness that came with the amp, so he has a way to test it, but why would he ask me to confirm the device works as I advertised? Why wouldn't he just edit his own add instead? ALmost seems as if he is going to try and blame me somehow if he sells the item and for some reason doesn't work. What gives?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Why would buyer that is reselling my item ask me this?

What i'm asking is, looking at my purchased items in the past, and zeroing in on those that state "no returns" when clicking on "other options", there is no option at all for returns. The MBG only states I get screwed no matter what, at least that's what I'm getting. So no Option for him to return the item at all it seems, unless he goes through eBay which pretty much guarantees I get screwed in this,.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

@propflux01 wrote:

I don't even know what an 'intercept' is. I don't normally sell on eBay much anymore, just buy. I supplied th e pics only because he was going to resell the item. Perhaps Naivety, but i didnt think sending the pics of what he already bought was an issue.

An intercept is asking the shipper not to deliver the item and ask them to return it to you. If you shipped with the USPS, you could have gone online to their site and done an intercept. It costs about $18, I can't remember from the last time I used it, but they would intercept the shipment if it is not yet delivered and send it back to you. 

I don't know why your buyer would want to accept the burden of selling the item himself. I think the way out of this is to ask the buyer to return it and refund the buyer. As others have pointed out, on eBay, everything is "returnable". I have "no returns" on all my items, however I accept any return no questions asked. 

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Thank yo to all who replied.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

You'd have to be a past the timeframe for returns for the option not to show up. If you purchase an item from any seller on eBay, regardless of their return policy, you can request a return within the timeframe of the MBG.  If they happen to have a No Returns policy and you choose a reason that qualifies it as a "Remorse Return" (basically, if you say that you changed your mind, or found a better price, or something that isn't an actual issue with the product), they can deny the return, or you will have to pay return shipping, depending on the seller's decision in that case, and eBay won't force them to accept the return.  If you choose a reason covered by the MBG, that's when eBay will force the seller to either accept the return or refund without requiring the product be returned, again depending on how or if the seller responds to the request.

You're not "guaranteed to get screwed", only if you handle it wrong, or maybe if you consider paying for the return shipping to be you "getting screwed", then yes, if he choose a reason that qualifies for the MBG you'll be paying for return shipping.  I don't know why you're so stressed though, it sounds like this buyer has no intention of opening a return case.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply