cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my country discriminated against from eBay?

Why does ebay stop accounts from Bulgaria when they try to sell something? There are Bulgarian forums where it is full of such cases. My friends and I decided to see if this was really the case. And a surprise. After listing the first ad and the account was immediately suspended.  This is called discrimination !!!!! 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Why is my country discriminated against from eBay?

Ever since they changed their CIO, eBay has been going behind. This can be seen by them in their monthly reports. They managed to drive out thousands of sellers because of their ridiculous and ill-considered changes. Honestly, if they don't change something, eBay will probably become the new aliexpress. From here, only Chinese rubbish can be bought, which is already flooding the world. It would be good for the admins to pay attention to all these opinions, because they are not insignificant.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Not being eBay I can not answer your question, but as long as you have registered a selling account with eBay and have provided bank/payment processing details for you to receive your funds, then I do not see any reason why you would be restricted.

You have to make certain you have registered everything correctly and eBay usually advises when your selling account is ready to be used.

Paypal is no longer used to process sellers funds, so you would need to register with a payment method approved by eBay for Bulgaria. It is no longer just a matter of listing and starting to sell.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling/start-selling-ebay?id=4081&st=12&pos=4&query=Start%20selli...

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Yes, I am aware. I provided everything they asked of me.  The ad they posted was leg weights

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

As a new seller you will have selling limits, a limited number of items and a $ value limit.

Did your listing exceed the $$ value of your monthly limit?

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

No, my ad was worth $ 15. If I exceed the amount, I simply will not be able to publish it. What happens is that when a seller from Bulgaria uploads the first ad on eBay, his account is automatically blocked.  This is a mass phenomenon and there is a lot written in Bulgarian forums. eBay doesn't explain why it does, they just say we pose a danger to the community.  And for us, America is a country that creates terrorists, but we do not put all Americans under one denominator. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Which eBay site are you registering on, and which eBay site are you posting your listing to?  The only reason I could guess would be that you are trying to post outside your regional eBay site and it's not allowed, leading to your account being suspended.

Another thought - if you create an account and that account is suspended, for any reason, any future accounts you create will also be suspended.  You may be permitted to purchase, but you will not be allowed to sell.  This applies to all eBay sites around the world -- once you're suspended, you're suspended, no matter how many accounts you create.

-Bob.

PS: if you try using a different name or details, thereby falsifying the data supplied to eBay, that will also lead to an account suspension.  They do not publish how they are able to make the connection, but they do and the suspension is quick.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@altar_x wrote:

Ever since they changed their CIO, eBay has been going behind. This can be seen by them in their monthly reports. They managed to drive out thousands of sellers because of their ridiculous and ill-considered changes. Honestly, if they don't change something, eBay will probably become the new aliexpress. From here, only Chinese rubbish can be bought, which is already flooding the world. It would be good for the admins to pay attention to all these opinions, because they are not insignificant.

I think you mean CEO.

I'm unsure of what numbers you have been looking at, but Ebay financials shows 2020 was a VERY good year and 2021 has been good too.  Not as good as 2020 but still good.  Of course we haven't yet seen 4th Quarter numbers.  So I'm not sure where you are getting that numbers are getting worse.  Ebay puts out Quarterly numbers not monthly.

Well if 1,000's of sellers were driven out many more started selling.  In the second quarter of this year we gained over 1 MILLION sellers worldwide.  3rd quarter it remained about what it was in the 2nd quarter.  And we are about 45 days away from knowing where it lands for the year.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

That's another big problem. Adds say item say US seller, Chinese garbage ships from US but the seller is in China. No wonder why all the landfills in the US are overflowing with cheap Chinese garbage.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply