cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is every change just for the worst??

It must be typical office people who never do the actual work or use the product.  Every change is for the worst.  Do not want seller hub.  Now it is forced upon everyone because of some genius(es), who never uses eBay, decided it was the best move.  It's bad enough the last change(s) are hurting sales with a decrease in views.  ARGH!  Stop changing things!!!  Good luck to all sellers.  🙂

Message 1 of 80
latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

In general, people don't llike change.......... and you can be sure that at least one person thinks any change is the worst............depends on whose ox is being gored.

A number of people have stated they love seller hub......which doesn't mean you don't have the right to dislike it..........just that other have different opinions.......

Message 2 of 80
latest reply

One thing I've noticed over the years on eBay is that they are constantly changing things.  Sometimes I actually like one of the changes.  

Message 3 of 80
latest reply

In the real world, when you make new changes, you first try it on a limited number of customers, ask for their feedback, and tweak  it accordingly until it is glitch-free and ready for the masses. You don't just blindly ram it down our throats hoping for the best and turn a deaf ear to our many complaints after it is up and running. It seems upper management has no idea what is going on with Ebay and quite frankly just doesn't care.

Message 4 of 80
latest reply

I think age also has a lot to do with it. It seems the older the person is the more they hate change. One of the biggest things many don't understand is they only see the change in what effects them. Ebay sees the big picture and how it effects millions.

Message 5 of 80
latest reply

I think eBay should only allow people who work for them and actually sell on eBay to come up with site changes. Not kids out of some Ivy league school convinced their business degrees can be used transform eBay into something it will never be. I have learnt to live with the changes, but that is because these days I spend less time on the site.  I fumble around to do what I got to do and leave. 

Message 6 of 80
latest reply

@slati_2013 wrote:

I have learnt to live with the changes, but that is because these days I spend less time on the site.  I fumble around to do what I got to do and leave. 

If more people spend less on Ebay, soon there won't be any Ebay left.

Message 7 of 80
latest reply

Change is mostly undertaken because it will ultimately financially benefit ebay otherwise there would likely be few changes.

Message 8 of 80
latest reply

Oddly enough after a 5 week vacation break and a downgrade of my store, eBay bumped me out of seller hub (this was 2 days ago)  I clicked on Selling and was on the MyeBay selling page.  I opted right back in to Seller Hub.

I use both.  I find they each have benefits that the other doesnt.  I like the overview of MyeBay with Selling, Sold & Unsolds all on one page, but for relisting purposes, Seller Hub is much easier to use because of the filters.

- Suzanne -
Message 9 of 80
latest reply

I don't mind change - what I don't like is change that just rearranges stuff to take away the one useful item the page used to have.  I keep getting kicked into the new seller hub and it's just larger (which is nice for my older eyes) but stuff has been rearranged in places that makes no sense and things that I commonly use and depend on have either been hidden or are gone.  And new stuff that I will never use suddenly appears.

(*Bleep*)
Message 10 of 80
latest reply

@scga912

How do I get back to my Classic page. You state you use both the SH (hate it) And the "old" way? Just noticed I was changed out overnight. They did it to me a few months ago but I was able to manually get back to the data I want, Classic view. Can't remember how I was able to get it back. Thanks.

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 11 of 80
latest reply

that's the one complaint I have. They take away things that I use, or make it less easy.

My main gripe in the latest round of change is with the watch list. They made it cumbersome to remove something. Instead of a single click right under the item, now I need to click the box to the left and then scroll to the top of the page and click delete.

Then on items I bought, it shows delivered and instead of a big button to leave feedback, there is now a big button to "return item" Who thought that one up? How long until they send a buyer the email that says something like.... "your item was delivered, here's how to return it"

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 12 of 80
latest reply

@jason_incognito

Hi, that big RETURN button showed up on my Classic View on May 29. Took 60 days (July 29) for it to disappear to view other listings, or something like that. And the 60 days was 30 days beyond what my seller return policy stated. 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 13 of 80
latest reply

Yeah e-bay make changes that are impossible yo use
Message 14 of 80
latest reply

FYI - eBay actually did BETA testing for over 1 year.  Sellers that were interested could OPT into the beta test.  I actually opted into the beta test Dec 2015 and submitted my  recommendations - not all were adobted which is understandable but many were.

@vanman1029 wrote:

In the real world, when you make new changes, you first try it on a limited number of customers, ask for their feedback, and tweak  it accordingly until it is glitch-free and ready for the masses. You don't just blindly ram it down our throats hoping for the best and turn a deaf ear to our many complaints after it is up and running. It seems upper management has no idea what is going on with Ebay and quite frankly just doesn't care.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 15 of 80
latest reply