cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has eBay not addressed any of the issues over the last month+ ?

I’m not a large seller by any means. I stay under 50 items per month (do not have a store) That being said, I usually sell close to 50 items just about every month. 

Since the the beginning of June, I’ve had about 75% less sales.

All my items will show viewers for the first few minutes, some items will show viewers for almost 24 hours - none any more than 24 hours. 

A lot of people in this forum are under the assumption this is a glitch, and the item is still receiving views, even if not being shown. 

The evidence I’ve seen shows otherwise. Not sure why eBay is cycling sellers accounts into “blackout periods” but until they can inform us, individually, that they are doing so, I believe we all have a right to question and critique this practice. 

For example,

I picked up a pair of Open Box Beats headphones locally, retail price $299, selling on eBay “new (other)” at an average price of $161 - I listed mine for $145 and had 90 views in an hour. Then nothing. I waited 24 hours, and suddenly it began to switch back and forth between 90 and 0 views. So no more views in that 24 hours?

This morning I got frustrated and relisted the item with a fresh new listing. I lowered the price to $140 (making it the lowest price for the item new other) and again had over 100 views in a small window of a couple hours.

Then suddenly a couple hours later the view counter stopped rising - and guess what? The views reset to 0, and I’ve heard nothing from any potential buyers since. 

I do not think eBay sellers are asking too much to be treated fairly, with respect, and to not be subjected to weird rolling tests or other restrictions we were never told about. 

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Why has eBay not addressed any of the issues over the last month+ ?

I am no expert here, but since my original posting, things have been happening in the same way they were before my post. 

I read in multiple different forum locations that the issues should be fixed by July 4th. It’s now July 4th and I’m still experiencing issues. 

I do not want to argue or pick sides, but that being said, when I relisted the items after my original post, the watchers and viewers became visible.

My headphones and most all my other items, sold within roughly 48 hours of being relisted. 

I assumed all was well again, but then roughly 2 days ago my listings went rogue again. No viewers available  - no new watchers - no sales. I’m not here to decide if the views correlates with other’s sales, but for me personally, it appears that way.

I was hoping eBay would have this resolved by the 4th. Anyone else still experiencing issues or notice improvements? Thank you all for your opinions and help! 

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

@jonathankirkland wrote:

Aren't we allowed to attach 3rd party view counters to our listings? If so, would that be a temporary band-aid to remedy the situation and find out if we truly are getting views or not?

No @jonathankirkland, years ago when eBay didn't have a built-in counter feature, sellers could add their own in the description portion of their listings.  That's been outlawed for some time now and ostensibly unneeded since eBay has it's own.  (Yeah, I know.)  😉

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

Glitches tend to suppress sales.

Sorry this is happening to you.

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

@livadia wrote:

@jonathankirkland wrote:

Aren't we allowed to attach 3rd party view counters to our listings? If so, would that be a temporary band-aid to remedy the situation and find out if we truly are getting views or not?

No @jonathankirkland, years ago when eBay didn't have a built-in counter feature, sellers could add their own in the description portion of their listings.  That's been outlawed for some time now and ostensibly unneeded since eBay has it's own.  (Yeah, I know.)  😉

Oh wow. Well then, many sellers I have seen have been breaking the rules repeatedly and on all their listings. But what else is new?

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

I've looked at OP's listings and some are way down in search - your item The Game Steelbook - look a completeds that have sold and rework your title like the solds have as you're not getting good visiblity the way it is now.

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

According to a rep, it's because eBay thinks the "only a small portion of the sellers are experiencing the glitches" I don't think to fix the glitches are in their top priority.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

The problem is definitely real... I've been selling 3 years and June was likely one of my worst months. I thought maybe it was the weather, but then found these posts here in the community. Typical sales are $2000ish per month, yet June was about $900... There was at least a 5 day stretch of not a single order from right at the end of May until June 5th.

Things have picked up the last few days, so hoping this "glitch" or whatever it is, has been corrected.

Thankfully, my Etsy sales doubled 😄

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

What’s really sad...and I agree 100% because I need to know my items are being seen...is that on THIS forum we can see every “view/like/comment”...Don’t get me wrong, I was specifically coming here hoping I wasn’t the only person in a panic that I was invisible (I’ve actually paid extra for the “ADVANCED” listing form in sheer desperation which sucks). But if they can track here then every algorithm and every measurement can be done! 

Thank you for bringing the topic to light!!

Message 23 of 23
latest reply