cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does packing slip have a different payment amount listed?

I sold an item for $16.50. Buyer payed $3.50 for shipping and I bought the shipping label for around the same price. When I went to print the packing slip, it says that the shipping and handling cost is $22.56, making the total $39.06. Where in the world did the $22.56 come from? I am shipping from one US state to the buyer in another US state.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Why does packing slip have a different payment amount listed?

Is the shipping address actually the GSP reship address?  If so, the packing slip might be showing the total shipping the buyer paid, including the portion that takes the item from the US address to the buyer's address out of country.

Not participating in the GSP I don't know. Just occurred to me that might be why.  If you click on the buyer's feedback profile, it'll show his country of registration.  Is it the USA?

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

They are from Poland. I have never dealt with a buyer outside of the US so I was not aware of how it is done. Just checking, am I going to be charged in anyway for fees to send out of the country besides the purchase of the shipping label? Is it just the buyer that has to pay extra? Thank you for your help

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

That listing is in the GSP. The $22.50 is what the buyer paid to have the item shipped to Poland.

Since it is GSP, you are only responsible for shipping to the KY address. There is nothing more you have to pay except the First Class shipping to KY since it is considered a domestic sale.

Once GSP receives the package, they take it from there. Your responsibility as far as delivery is done. Your buyer cannot claim an INR (item not received). If they do, the GSP takes responsibility.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yay! I guessed right!

**pats self on back**

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 5 of 5
latest reply