cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my description of my item disappear when I hit List Item?

Why does my item description disappear when I list the item.  I have not sold in a while and not very impressed with new ways to sell.  I go back and re-add description and it disappears again.  Very frustrating.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@djughead 

@djughead 

Did you sign on for managed payments? If you haven't sold in a while, your account needs to be updated as there is no more Paypal for payments.  Your going to need to attach a bank account to your ebay account to be paid.  

Also note, new or infrequent sellers will experience transaction holds while learning best selling practices.  Since you haven't sold in a while, you'll be treated as a new seller.  This helps sellers become established and build a strong selling history on eBay. New sellers typically experience holds for up to 14 days, although sometimes it may be longer.   This also to back up Ebay's money back guarantee offered to all buyers.  You might want to familiarize yourself with it:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy....

Welcome back and hope things go well for you. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Longaberger Collector's club miniature Teapot.

Riedell Skate Boots, Womans, 5 M JT. Not sure if JT stands for Junior. Excellent condition except for scuff's on toes. Outer sole of boot measures 9 3/4 inches long. Number on inside of boot 73195, hard to make out. Please ask questions before purchasing. Returns allowed buyer paying return shipping costs. Payment thru Ebay. USPS Priority shipping. If calculated shipping is more than Flat rate shipping I will use cheaper cost.

is this happening on mobile or desktop?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Some of the add ons in browsers can cause it.......  Duck, duck thing.......and one of a language tools.  Try disabling those and see if that corrects the problem........

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Desktop.  On one item it let me add description details than when I had to edit the description I added was gone except for 1 liner matching title.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I've had this happen on occasion, and found that if I hit the enter button a couple of times at the end of the description, it works OK again. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Did you try using the preview button before finalizing the listing? If not try that next time.

Also 'copy' your description after typing so you can 'paste' it back in if it does disappear.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I use html code, and it seems to work ok for me...

are you accidentally entering special characters maybe into the regular editing tool....

also

As pointed out....

try advanced options to view html code and then click out of it....

then I always make a copy of the description (if it's not a template) I just did to make sure...it is just habitual with me......

maybe try making description in notepad or similar, and copy & paste it into the description...?

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

You should contact eBay by phone and see what is causing this problem. Go to the contact page and click phone contact. eBay will call you in about 5 minutes with the number you have on file.

Another thing you can do is try listing from another computer. If the problem does not happen then you know that it is a problem with your computer.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply