cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did my reviews disappear...again

Time and time again, my 119 reviews disappeared from 6 out of the 7 listings i have of the same product.  The 7 listings have different quantities, but they are the same UPC #.  So my 6 bottle supply listing still shows the 119 reviews, but my 1, 2, 3 etc. bottle listings don't show the 119 reviews anymore.  Again, same product, same UPC, it showed 119 reviews before, but they magically disappear until I spend countless hours with customer support to have the "fix this bug and re-code".  Then it shows up again, but now disappeared again.  EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING to say the least.

Item # with 119 reviews  - 232005105012, UPC 0748252879936

Item #'s with no more reviews with UPC code 0748252879936:

Please help!

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Why did my reviews disappear...again

Are you referring to feedback?

Why would anyone with 1037 FB care if some of them have gone AWOL?

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

No, this is not feedback, these are reviews/ratings that got deleted.  I have a 4.5 star for my product

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

They use some kind of automated system to display reviews on products. I don't think anyone here will know exactly how it works. I have noticed sometimes it works well and sometimes not. Maybe they will be back tomorrow or maybe next week.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Thanks for the reply @crazystuff4sale , but doesn't that seem kind of odd that a BIG company like Ebay, shows reviews for a product one day, then "may be back tomorrow or maybe next week".  I have a business that does well based on reviews, without my displayed reviews, my conversions go down.  What's also ironic is that long-time customers of ours tell me they posted a review for me (with screenshots) and half of the time, the review doesn't even show.  This past month, I know at least 6 verified purchasers of my product, who wrote reviews with screenshots showing me they posted it, DON'T EVEN SHOW LIVE ON EBAY.  What now?

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@boussant24 

I'm not sure that it's possible but have you tried putting a link to the reviews in the body of your listing? 

You might be able to click the reviews, copy the link and add it manually..

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@pikabo-icu, that still doesn't solve any of the issues.  Customers have no problem "writing a review", but the review stars don't even show on my listings and even if customers want to post a review, it doesn't show live!

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@boussant24 

I think I found something that might help.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-to-get-Product-rating-to-show-on-listing/td-p/27567489 

Have a read through that thread and see if any of it helps you out..

Also I found this https://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/sprupd16/product-reviews.html 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

@pikabo-icu , read the threads.  My UPC matches throughout all my listings.  But no luck here.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@boussant24 wrote:

Time and time again, my 119 reviews disappeared from 6 out of the 7 listings i have of the same product.  The 7 listings have different quantities, but they are the same UPC #.  So my 6 bottle supply listing still shows the 119 reviews, but my 1, 2, 3 etc. bottle listings don't show the 119 reviews anymore.  Again, same product, same UPC, it showed 119 reviews before, but they magically disappear until I spend countless hours with customer support to have the "fix this bug and re-code".  Then it shows up again, but now disappeared again.  EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING to say the least.

Item # with 119 reviews  - 232005105012, UPC 0748252879936

Item #'s with no more reviews with UPC code 0748252879936:

Please help!

@boussant24 If a listing was originally displaying relevant product reviews and they suddenly disappear, or change in quantity (originally displaying a large number of reviews, but is now only displaying a small number of reviews), or keep appearing and disappearing, then there has been a change in the EPID (eBay product ID) adoption for the listing. If you updated any of the product identifiers (MPN, UPC, EAN, brand name, etc) this likely triggered the change in the EPID. Try fixing any changes made to the listings and wait a few hours.

If after several hours the issue still persists, please tag me and I'll get it reported. Thanks!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

brian@ebay thank you so much for your reply.  I made 0 changes to my other listings, but reviews got removed.  I just tried revising one of my listings and put the EXACT upc code and ebay pre-populated the page to the correct brand....but I've done this in the past with no luck, but did it again.  The listing recognizes the product from the catalog, but I never get any luck.

Just report it brian@ebay .  

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

I was going to view your listings to see if I could find discrepancies in the product identifiers and see if they linked to the same product page ... but I think the GF might get upset if she saw breast enhancers popping up as recommended on my eBay page and in e-mails. Sorry, man. Hope you get it worked out.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Tell your GF the #ittybittycommittee needs your help. Not all heroes wear capes

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

@boussant24 wrote:

brian@ebay thank you so much for your reply.  I made 0 changes to my other listings, but reviews got removed.  I just tried revising one of my listings and put the EXACT upc code and ebay pre-populated the page to the correct brand....but I've done this in the past with no luck, but did it again.  The listing recognizes the product from the catalog, but I never get any luck.

Just report it brian@ebay .  

Thanks for the update @boussant24 . I assume the revisions you just made won't make a difference, but just in case lets give it until tomorrow morning. Would you mind tagging me again tomorrow with another update? I can get the listings reported to the reviews team at that time. Thanks!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Hi Brian, reviews are not showing.  Please let me know what you can do.  Also, it would be nice to see if you can see why my customers can't see their live review after posting heartfelt reviews about my product, coming to realize that we can't see them live, it's a shame.

Thank you VERY much for your help!

Message 15 of 18
latest reply