cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't one list an electronics item with "remote" in title without adding "bundle"?

This is not a question about a new policy, as it's been around for a couple years.  But, what is ebay's rationale, anyway, for disallowing a listing title of an electronics item to include the mention of an included accessory, unless the word "bundle" is added to the title?  I sell mostly used audio and video items, and most listings of same used items do not offer the remote, so it seems a shopper would be interested in filtering a search for the ones that do include the remote, or the calibration mic, or the stands, or other accessory.  

Is ebay concerned that someone looking for only the remote is going to come up with too many listings that include the item for which it is intended?  Is that really a problem? 

I'd much rather use the 7 characters required to enter a space and bundle for something else that will get the item noticed and generate a fee for ebay. Or, does that make too much sense to happen on ebay?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Why can't one list an electronics item with "remote" in title without adding "bun

I don't think they are worried about keyword spamming since I see a ton of listings in the audio categories where people like to keyword spam. I am guessing it is just a bad policy created by someone who doesn't understand the category. It sucks wasting keywords in the title, but remember the some fields in the item specifics are searchable so you can make that up there.

Things like model numbers are technically a waste of character space in the title. The commas and plus signs you are putting in your titles are a waste of character space.

Titles are an art. It is hard to find a good balance between a logical title and one that gives the best keywords. There are plenty of my own titles I should rethink how I do them. The search engine doesn't properly handle keywords so you have to keep that in mind too unfortunately.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply