cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are buyers allowed to open item not received cases when tracking says otherwise?

A perfect example of this nonsense would be a recent buyer of mine who received an item, with a tracking number that proves this, yet they still opened a case against me the same day as delivery for an item not received. Both the buyer and ebay have full access to this tracking number, and they can all clearly see it shows the item was delivered. Perhaps this customer has thieving neighbors or simply an unfamiliar postal worker who delivered it to the wrong house by mistake, those are unfortunate realities. But I'm not liable for any of it. So why are they allowed to open a case that causes my funds to be frozen until I in person contact ebay customer service to get the case closed because the buyer refused to do so? I had already contacted the buyer directly with their tracking info, and tried to ascertain why they said the delivered package hadn't been delivered but they wouldn't respond to the case or my messages. Ugh. So why is it then all on me to to prove to eBay that an item that shows as delivered was actually delivered? Its an unfair hassle for busy sellers, and I'm puzzled as to why it's permissible in the first place. 

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Why are buyers allowed to open item not received cases when tracking says otherwise?

I have a buyer put in a claim for an item still in transit.  It's wrong on all levels because once the item is shipped it's out of your hands and eBay's.  It's now an USPS issue and tracking shows the status of the item.

Some people are just stupid.....some more than others.  🤣

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

Re: Why are buyers allowed to open item not received cases when tracking says otherwise?

@zoot666 wrote:

I have a buyer put in a claim for an item still in transit.  It's wrong on all levels because once the item is shipped it's out of your hands and eBay's.  It's now an USPS issue and tracking shows the status of the item.

Some people are just stupid.....some more than others.  🤣

No, until the package is delivered to the buyer, it's a seller issue.

Have a great day
Message 17 of 22
latest reply

I read once on this forum that the seller said she would open a theft report with the buyer's local police department. All of a sudden the item was found. 

Just a thought.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

@inspired_for_life wrote:

So why is it then all on me to to prove to eBay that an item that shows as delivered was actually delivered? Its an unfair hassle for busy sellers . . .

Oh, I know. What a drag to have to enter a tracking number into a case. Sheer drudgery. And a waste of 90 seconds. 

How do you  do it so fast? It takes me 2 minutes.  😉

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 19 of 22
latest reply

The real question is how can a “buyer” open up on PayPal an INR case 1 month after she was 100% refunded on PayPal and the $1740. sale was 100% cancelled On eBay By eBay?  
No money & no sale thus obviously no expectation of Merchandise arriving!  Ya think?  

Then she ultimately lost this crooked Sham case after causing me untold anxiety and Real horror
and then Soon after opens up the same crooked Sham case with her credit card company...

This psychopath is still functioning on eBay.   Scary & I’m a decades long seller with my selling behavior altered forever... & not in a good way!

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

Hi

how can you deal with item not received case when tracking is frozen?

I always send my parcels with registered post but some countries like Canada, Australia, Africa etc they JUST DON'T SCAN PARCEL WHEN THEY ARRIVED THERE and the problem is buyer knows it and there are some people just open case of not reiceved but they have!

I already refund buyer in Africa claim he didn't received it but i know because i can not proof parcel was delivered because tracking was frozen.

Now again same situation in Australia.

How are you deal with this?

I am international seller.

Thanks

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply