cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I receiving a package from ebay shipping supplies

I just received an email from FedEx  that I am receiving an 18 pound package from eBay shipping supplies in Las vegas. I looked up the address and it just doesnt make sense. Has this happened to anyone else? Yes the tracking number is real. I have no activity that could correspond to this.A7E74B97-22F0-47FB-B89C-8BCDAD2AB6B9.jpeg

Message 1 of 89
latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

Re: Why am I receiving a package from ebay shipping supplies

@silverstatetreasureboxes wrote:

@time-to-go-hiking 

That is a scam called smishing.

Do not open any more emails, no clicking on links, report it to FedEx also. This scam is making it's rounds again and it can fool someone into giving out personal information. 

"Smishing" (SMS phishing) involves text messages to mobile phones. OP said s/he had received an email . . . 

In any event, it's a scam all the way around, IMO.

Message 31 of 89
latest reply

Log in to Fedex and see if it's a legit delivery.  If you don't have a Fedex account, open one.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 32 of 89
latest reply

SO    I just received my fedex package from ebay

it is full of packaging material ... padded envelopes in 2 sizes , cardboard mailers, small cardboard boxes .. ebay tape (6 rolls) .. stickers - 3 varieties ... thank you postcards .. ebay tissue paper ..

it is to encourage sellers to ship international ... tho none appears to be marked "international only"

the box is big and pretty dang full 🙂

Message 33 of 89
latest reply

@pburn 

Yes your correct on being text messages ( can't keep upon all these new terms)

This is what I would call an unwarranted email.

Message 34 of 89
latest reply

@silverstatetreasureboxes wrote:

@pburn 

Yes your correct on being text messages ( can't keep upon all these new terms)

This is what I would call an unwarranted email.

Yes--phishing. One unusual thing, however, is that the OP said s/he went straight to the FedEx website to check on the package.

@time-to-go-hiking 

Just confirming that you went to the FedEx website by typing fedex.com into your browser's address bar--not through any links in the email, right?

There's not a tracking number on the snippet you posted. How did you find information on this package on the FedEx site?

Message 35 of 89
latest reply

@whimsyonthewinetrail wrote:

SO    I just received my fedex package from ebay

it is full of packaging material ... padded envelopes in 2 sizes , cardboard mailers, small cardboard boxes .. ebay tape (6 rolls) .. stickers - 3 varieties ... thank you postcards .. ebay tissue paper ..

it is to encourage sellers to ship international ... tho none appears to be marked "international only"

the box is big and pretty dang full 🙂

Interesting! Wonder if it's a bonus being sent to sellers enrolled in EIS? Can you post a pic of the postcard/note that told you it's "to encourage sellers to ship international"?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 36 of 89
latest reply

sorry - it is legit .. a huge box of ebay branded shipping supplies 🙂

Message 37 of 89
latest reply

@whimsyonthewinetrail 

Wait--are you the OP?

Message 38 of 89
latest reply

DSCF3681.JPG

Message 39 of 89
latest reply

nope NOT the OP .... 

and i am NOT enrolled in the international shipping program on either ID

Message 40 of 89
latest reply

This keeps getting "curiouser and curiouser". Some say a scam, others say it's legit. If it's legit, too bad eBay doesn't notify a person about this before sending sending unsolicited emails or merchandise. I remember many years ago when eBay made sure every I was jotted and every T was crossed so their customers wouldn't have to guess about things or be left in the dark. Seems like those days have been eroded and replaced with unsolicited surprises -- IF this is all legitimate.

Cheers, Duffy

Message 41 of 89
latest reply

This is not a scam, the tracking is REAL, I am on the fedex website!!!

Message 42 of 89
latest reply

That was my guess based on all the evidence from others

Message 43 of 89
latest reply

I have read on these forums that once you join, you can't get out. Like the Mafia.

Message 44 of 89
latest reply

It's clearly not a scam, as the OP was on the Fedex website.   Plus, someone has now confirmed that's a huge box of shipping supplies for marketing of EIS. 

@wastingtime101  I'm guessing that those of us who already use EIS won't be getting it LOL.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 45 of 89
latest reply