cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I receiving a package from ebay shipping supplies

I just received an email from FedEx  that I am receiving an 18 pound package from eBay shipping supplies in Las vegas. I looked up the address and it just doesnt make sense. Has this happened to anyone else? Yes the tracking number is real. I have no activity that could correspond to this.A7E74B97-22F0-47FB-B89C-8BCDAD2AB6B9.jpeg

Message 1 of 89
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

SO    I just received my fedex package from ebay

it is full of packaging material ... padded envelopes in 2 sizes , cardboard mailers, small cardboard boxes .. ebay tape (6 rolls) .. stickers - 3 varieties ... thank you postcards .. ebay tissue paper ..

it is to encourage sellers to ship international ... tho none appears to be marked "international only"

the box is big and pretty dang full 🙂

View Best Answer in original post

Message 33 of 89
latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

Did you attend & fill out the survey after the most recent Spring Seller Checkin?  The first 500 ppl doing the survey are getting supplies.  I got mine last week.   

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 2 of 89
latest reply

That 'invoice number' and 'reference' look a lot like you are getting a return from an international sale?  The eBay Shipping Supplies could just be from someone selecting the wrong account to generate the label thru... it is eBay after all.

Maybe it's the missing evidence from that lab in Wuhan, China!!  You could be famous!!  Unless the package handlers between here and there damaged the contents... then you could be.come very sick.  But still famous!!

-Bob.

PS: at work, we get packages headed to a local returns center for a massive national online business.  We've called them time and again -- they say thank you, just keep it - we can't resell it anyway.  So we've stopped even calling - they've made their position very clear and it's fun to have a drawing among the employees to see who gets to open it and has the option to keep it or give it to someone else!  Ya gotta make the best of an annoying situation!

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 3 of 89
latest reply

I did not know about that event, perhaps I am getting supplies by mistake?

Message 4 of 89
latest reply

I checked my international sales and I only have one and the item only weighed about 10 ounces not 18 pounds. Also I never got a case opened against me

Message 5 of 89
latest reply

Well, let us know when you get it.

BUT

If the sender's address is not US based, FedEx might try to charge you import fees, even though Americans have a duty free allowance of $800.

And the carrier on the doorstep may not charge it, you get a bill in the mail later.

FedEx is evil.

Message 6 of 89
latest reply

A possible clue is the address is an agency that includes customer service as one of its serves

https://www.hwstaffing.com

Message 7 of 89
latest reply

Hmmm, I did go to the event & got the supplies & they were nowhere near 18lbs.  It was just a smallish sample pack. 

Ebay does occasionally send out swag as thank you's to long time sellers.  That could conceivably be in the form of shipping supplies, though I personally haven't seen it.  

You'll have to let us know when you get the pkg.  If they legit ARE shipping supplies, they could easily weigh 18lbs.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 8 of 89
latest reply

I resist international sales, perhaps they are trying to encourage me by sending supplies to sell internationally, that would explain the international shipping description in the invoice field

Message 9 of 89
latest reply

My vote is an international return or item that could not be delivered.  The 105-107 suites at that address are currently rented by a logistics business with ties to Hebron KY, a stones throw from Erlanger.   Never pay attention to the weight of packages from FedEx or UPS.  They have reality check issues.  

NorAm International Partners, Inc | LinkedIn

Message 10 of 89
latest reply

Did you click a link to get this info? Could be a phishing attempt. I hope no virus installed if you clicked a link. Hope you didn't add your credit card or any other info.

Message 11 of 89
latest reply

I went directly to the fedex website to verify this shipment

Message 12 of 89
latest reply

Not sure how it could be a return, I have only one international shipment in several months, I have not been told of a return by ebay and the item shows as delivered

Message 13 of 89
latest reply

The one item was international shipping

records show it received and if buyer opened a claim I should not be affected

0E18D973-6BF9-4641-888B-E1B24899CEE5.jpeg7DD95B19-6209-4C71-AB3B-D7C108A2FD65.jpeg

Message 14 of 89
latest reply

I went to check the dimensions of the package

Dimensions 24x16x16 in.

the item I sold internationally was about 5 by 5 by 4 inches so I cant see it being returned in a box that large

Message 15 of 89
latest reply