cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Have Multiple Insertion Fees Every Month

Why am I being charged for multiple insertion fees for my buy now listed items every month when I only have 35 - 20 Active Listings every month and never have more than 35 items listed at a time?

The insertion fees are all $0.35, and some months I have the fees for the same items, while other months the fees are for different items I am selling, and a few months I have insertion fees for all my listed items.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

All fixed priced listings are now GTC, meaning they automatically relist each month incurring an insertion fee or a deduction from your 50 free listings.  That will happen until you end the items or they are sold.  So if you have 35 items relisted on the lst day of the month, end/sell 20 of them in the same month...........but add new  20 items, you should be charged for 5 items.  If that happened in June, the 15 items that weren't sold or ended, would relist on June 31, since the run time is 30 days so you could be charged for those, again, either the 35c if you've used all your freebies or from your freebies.  That particular problem will be corrected in July when all GTC will be ended/renewed on the same day they were listed and there will NOT be a chance of a double billing  in the same month........

It's not how many you have listed that creates the charge, it's how many you list within the month that can create a fee.........if you exceed the 50 free........

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

So you are saying as long as the total listed items from the previous month, combined with the total new items that I would list for this month don’t exceed 50 listings, I should not receive an insertion fee for any of the items that I have listed?

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

yes................of course, if you choose special features, Bold Titles, etc.........there are charges for those.....

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Ok, because I only have 35 items listed and have not listed anything new the past few months, that’s why I didn’t understand why I had insertion fees for items. Is there a link you could post for me that shows all the different things that Ebay will charge insertion fees for?

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4364

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@tayfra58  Any GTC listing that started on the 1st of a month with 31 days will Relist the same month ... so if you have 35 up on the 1st that means 35 again on the 31st totalling 70 for that month ... is THAT happening?

There are some upgrades that cost money, are you sure you have NO upgrades turned on on any Listings?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

So you’re saying that I have to have no more than 25 items listed at a time to fall within the allowed amount of insertion free item fees for every month?

Because every month the 25 items listed will be counted towards the total amount of items I have listed and then the next month whenever the items are relisted it will count another 25 items towards my total amount of items listed for the month totaling 50 items listed, even though they are the same exact 25 items? And therefore I will then be within the allowed 50 insertion free item fees allowed for the month?

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Every month your 50 available freebies start over.  Every month that a listing is put up or rolls over/relisted will come out of that fifty within that calendar month.  In your example the first time you list something it came out that month--when it rolls the next month it comes out of that month's available freebies. 

It's easy to track what you have available any given month by looking in the promo section where they count them down.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

How do you get to the promo section to track how many listings I have for the month?

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@tayfra58  Any GTC listing that started on the 1st of a month with 31 days will Relist the same month ... so if you have 35 up on the 1st that means 35 again on the 31st totalling 70 for that month ... is THAT happening?

There are some upgrades that cost money, are you sure you have NO upgrades turned on on any Listings?

You are going to further confuse the OP because the situation you describe cannot happen anymore as of July 1st (and even before July 1st it would generally only happen if you listed items on the 1st or 2nd of the month.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@tayfra58 wrote:

Ok, because I only have 35 items listed and have not listed anything new the past few months, that’s why I didn’t understand why I had insertion fees for items. Is there a link you could post for me that shows all the different things that Ebay will charge insertion fees for?

Are you by any chance listing the same item in multiple categories? 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply