cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why All listings have ZERO views?

Hey ebay community!

Yesterday I notice that all of the sudden all my listings have literally 0-1 views, I’m so confused of what happened or what could of caused this.. I’m not sure if there is a glitch on the system or it’s a way for eBay to restrict a seller, I’m not sure 🤔 Is anyone experiencing something similar and know why this happens? I’ve seen this happened before, but it usually corrects itself. Now it’s not and I’m not sure if I need to worry? I notice a drop in sales since this unknown crash.

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why All listings have ZERO views?

New policy, now views show a rolling 30 day average instead of the old, all views historically.  They found a lot of ghost and bot views.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Yes ,I'm seeing the same thing  however e bay added an explanation by saying they are counting the views in a different new way now. IMO a different new confusing way   The reason for this change  is the biggest question . It worked fine before for me personally speaking .  I could easily tell how many potential buyers  may be showing interest on any certain item which did help me make better decisions on what to sell  .  As the saying goes , If its not broken then don't fix it . Generally speaking I'm not so happy selling here  like I used to be . 

Message 2 of 51
latest reply

Your items had 0-1 views over the past 30 days. Low views - low sales.

Message 3 of 51
latest reply

I too for the last month have had big drop in sales and views, but I am also contending with "Image Scraping".

I google my items click on my pictured item in google, it takes me to a different site and a different item...but it is my item and my picture that I clicked on?????

Message 4 of 51
latest reply

New policy, now views show a rolling 30 day average instead of the old, all views historically.  They found a lot of ghost and bot views.

Message 5 of 51
latest reply

It was broken, many of the old views were false as bots were roaming the site, and old views were included, nowt it is very 30 days ie how many views in the a 30 day rolling average.

Message 6 of 51
latest reply

Yep, there's a glitch.  They are "working" on it.  Don't hold your breath for it to be fixed any time soon.

Famous last words.  

Message 7 of 51
latest reply

Majority of the bots are from google. Not sure if it effected adwords, but other image scraping utilities that connect sellers from algorithmic engines like google, bing, and other search engines that lead outside buyers to your items on ebay is now seemingly redirected. Thinking things thoroughly through for sellers is why front running ebays new "product forward" algorithm is really a serious topic, but nobody wants to talk about it.

Message 8 of 51
latest reply

It's because of the ebay new update. no need to worry

Message 9 of 51
latest reply

Been selling here for 23 years. I too am getting aggravated with some of the stupid changes Ebay is doing. This one is redicules. I don't care if they're regular people or bots. They still guide a seller as to how many views their item gets. It determines whether or not I should put an item on sale or make any adjustments at all. To go from 50 views to zero on an item makes no sense. They need to stop making these nonsense changes that hurt the seller, not help.

Message 10 of 51
latest reply

Views Were Changed To Show The Last 30 Days Only

Message 11 of 51
latest reply

I have also noticed that many of my items have zero views, since views past 30 days have been dropped.  Sales have also fallen into the basement.  If this is the new normal, it certainly is discouraging.   I do not blame Ebay, as I think they do everything they can to promote my listings.  Also, if the views are just not there, it is better to face reality head on.   The market for collectables has been dramatically changing also.  A few years ago, items in things like airlines, railroads, etc., sold well.  Now, if you look at the "sold" history on some collectable items, interest has really fallen off.  A lot of younger people are just no longer interested in collecting things.  Also, I think the economy is a big factor.  With rising prices for everything, people are less inclined to spend on items that are not essential.  Just a few thoughts.  

Message 12 of 51
latest reply

We are having the same issues.  No views and low sales.  Very weird.

Message 13 of 51
latest reply

Same here and it does seem that sales have dropped.

Message 14 of 51
latest reply

I have zero views and low sales ..

Ebay has changed so much over the year's.  😞 😞 😓 😩 😤 😡 😠 

Message 15 of 51
latest reply