cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who else has DEAD sales??????????

Hello,

i have not had any sales for almost two weeks...Who else has Dead sales...And who are the lucky ones to have good sales?

Message 1 of 119
latest reply
118 REPLIES 118

Re: Who else has DEAD sales??????????

LOL, they could say the same here, but this isn't my only ID = )

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 61 of 119
latest reply

Poor Alaudermac.

Such a pity; you have expensive cosmetics for much less than the mall. But they are all new; you can take them to that long winding stream of water in South America that is the longest in the world.

Wish you wouldn't. Things are happening, changing. Amazon should be called Yangtze, the longest river in China.

If what happens to US/China trade relations is what I think will happen, this whole online ecommerce thing will look very different; Mardi Gras, only instead of throwing beads, they'll be throwing dollars.

Message 62 of 119
latest reply

Or yuans.
Or rubles.
Maybe even pesos.
Message 63 of 119
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:
LOL, they could say the same here, but this isn't my only ID = )

I have another ID I could use for the Boards but am too lazy to switch back and forth between the two accounts! Plus maybe some year a person reading this Board will look at my books and find something to buy! Smiley Wink

Message 64 of 119
latest reply

Sales are so bad that without a miracle it will be the first time in 16 years here that I will not sell enough to cover my monthly fees.

I have been randomly searching for general items just to compare prices.  I am astounded at the huge increase in mega sellers whose cut throat pricing is ruining the American mom and pop small businesses and the small sellers who built this site.

Message 65 of 119
latest reply

Hi! My sales are dead because I don't care too much about them. I'm waiting now for another eBay's promotion for maybe a moths. NO ANY PROMO still!!! Because for me it is senseless to spend $60 for relist all my items just because eBay wants it. Many times in their questions "how can we improve what are we doing" I always reply them: you are sawing the branch you're sitting on. With your 30 cents per listing A LOT of peoples like me (who use eBay like not main income) don't care about you. You loose more than if you kink our oxygen. We are waiting for yours stupid gifts like promotions. I agree pay one cent per listing (with yours hard pushing to pay something) but no more. Anyway you every month charge me sale fees! It is like put ten finger in a mouth when you eat something... So, I'm a Rebel!
Message 66 of 119
latest reply

del....

duplicated somehow...

Message 67 of 119
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:
Hate to be a naysayer, but I'm pretty happy with my sales this January, and the month has a few days to go yet.

Count me into that too. Sales have surpassed my projections.

Message 68 of 119
latest reply

Same here, but thank God my fees are only $40

Message 69 of 119
latest reply

eBay is now an on line garage sale. No matter how great the price buyers want discounts and free shipping. eBay encourages them and protects scamming and non paying buyers. In 3 months I had over 3k in non paying bidders and eBay does NOTHING. I had over 30k in listings this week and sold $24.99... next eBay will be making sellers pay buyers. Wait! They already kinda do!

Message 70 of 119
latest reply

It's eBay. They are a flea market and all buyers expect to buy things for 99 cents and free shipping. 

Message 71 of 119
latest reply

The unreasonable offers are rampant along with non paying bidders. I have had a run of buyers who will bid on an auction, then immediately ask me for a best price. I will tell them they already bid and that's the price. 100% of those "buyers" don't pay. It's really bad on eBay. 

Message 72 of 119
latest reply

What are you selling? My sales are down 5k ytd vs ly 

Message 73 of 119
latest reply

I think it's more the garage sale mentality that eBay has created that is detrimental to sellers. No matter how great the price "you can get it for less" buyers think. Items don't sell so we lower the price but that's not enough for eBay buyers. Have new shoes in box that retail for 1k. They are listed for months at $500 and not one buyer but TONS of offers! Got an offer for $150 plus free shipping (of course). When I politely declined I received a rant email about how the shoes were listed for a couple months and that I was "stupid" for not accepting a "more than generous offer" of $150. Really?!? When I said again no thanks they said "ok, I'll give you $155 shipped" My blocked bidder list has doubled in 6 months 

Message 74 of 119
latest reply

Agreed. I feel a couple things killed my business. A couple years ago EBay made auction style listings super expensive so it forced a lot of sellers to go with bin which works for some items but not clothing. Buyers would start "hovering" and just wait for the prices to drop. My sales dropped by over 20k that year. My sales have never recovered. Add to that the eBay garage sale mentality and we are just doomed as sellers.

Message 75 of 119
latest reply