cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the customers? WHY aren't we getting any sales lately?

Been on ebay for 18 yrs.  top rated seller with 100% approval ratings. Over the course of that time, I've grown and added many new product lines & put thousands of dollars in new items online here this year alone. 

This year it seems is the year that ebay has died, for in spite of discounts, and sales, I am now lucky if I get 100 dollars in sales in a week!  (used to be 3-5x that much)  I have 1400+ current active listings on ebay and not a single sale in 2 days now?  WTH is going on here?   I do price searches for similar items.  Our prices are competitive, nearly always lower than others.  I share several product posts daily on facebook, instagram ect. (free advertising)  Still nothing.   Some say its the new algorithms, but how do we counter or fix that if this is the problem?  (you'd THINK ebay would be more on top of this issue)   I'm not going to be able to hang on here if things don't perk up.   😢 Open to suggestions.  

Message 1 of 283
latest reply
282 REPLIES 282

Re: Where are the customers? WHY aren't we getting any sales lately?

My prices are extremely competitive as well and ive always had a 100% feedback rate until recently over a very bogus reason. I believe that Bidenomics is causing many people to think twice about their purchases. 60% of people are currently living paycheck to paycheck. I did not have this problem under Trump, not to be political but it's simply a statistical truth. So many retail companies big and and small are filing for bankruptcy. Something really bad is happening here economically and its hurting us all and this administration does not give a rats ass how bad it hurts us. Again, I didn't have this problem a year ago but bad economic policies are really hitting the fan. Were all getting screwed.

Message 241 of 283
latest reply

Have you tried selling locally or on other sites? You might find buyers are looking for your items, just not here.

Message 242 of 283
latest reply

Well if you think back on it, everyone tried to tell Ebay that sellers where also buyers. But Ebay didn't listen and many of us past time sellers left Ebay. Most no longer come back to Ebay to to buy anymore and the numbers are showing it. Now Ebay needs their number so now you have promoted advertising for the sellers.  Now since sales are slow the sellers are acting like animals fighting for scraps of food with their wallets 🤔

Message 243 of 283
latest reply

you have to promoted the listing and pay up to 17% extra other then final value fee that comes around 29% + 15 to 20% shipping cost. ebay eat up to 30% alone and still not happy. so off course sellers will leave platform. do not eat hen, eat egg ebay !

Message 244 of 283
latest reply

Wow thats a lot of💲

Message 245 of 283
latest reply

Glad to see someone added a daily comment to this post which is almost 5 months old and is now up to 244 replies. 😀

Message 246 of 283
latest reply

No problem. I Got You 🙂 Lol

Message 247 of 283
latest reply

I'm kinda glad this thread won't go away. Late April was when eBay really turned to _ and never seemed to recover.

Message 248 of 283
latest reply

Ya times are different these days

Message 249 of 283
latest reply

I sell a heck of a lot more than just feathers.  That is just one product line out of many.  

Message 250 of 283
latest reply

I would have to agree with you.  Ebay has gotten TOO GREEDY and its the sellers that are sustaining them, not the buyer base any more.  I no longer run promoted listings or outside advertisements to draw people in, only to make ebay richer.  (and me less money)

Message 251 of 283
latest reply

Sellers are leaving eBay because of scams and eBay screwing them. 

If unique sellers with cool stuff leave, and then unique buyers leave. 

Soooo... cool sellers/buyers are leaving eBay, what does that leave?

Message 252 of 283
latest reply

I know, my sales has come to a standstill compared to what it has been for years.

Message 253 of 283
latest reply

I feel you. It's hurt to pay my PT employee since late July. This week in particular has been pitiful.

Message 254 of 283
latest reply

This thread is never going to die until eBay chooses to fix their garbage site. I'm literally praying the third quarter reports are terrible so there might be some grounds for firings. I've never seen the sales this bad in over a decade of selling online.

Message 255 of 283
latest reply