cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is the best time to post 4 quick sales?

After 14 years on Ebay I still don't really know how things work.  I tried a new technique of relisting items just before the weekend & found my sales rose nicely.  Then I did it again just before the Memorial Day weekend and found again sales rose slightly again.  I am just a part-timer really but is there a button that let's Ebay customers see new listings? When is the best time to list new items, Friday at 3 - 4 p.m.?  Someone suggested to me that posting before possible customers get home from work on a payday helps improve sales, is this true?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: When is the best time to post 4 quick sales?

I have been doing "sell similar" lately and see that it provides a "new listing" designation for 24 hours.

Not so sure "relist" provides that.

Year's ago I did a study on when I had the most sales come thru.  Over ~90 days, prolly 200 sales, the hottest window was 10am to 3pm CDT, selling out of CDT.

I sell electronics and computer room items.

Posting ID
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

It's not so much when, but what, and how. What are you selling? How much are you listing it for?

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

My sales all come in between about 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.  It's ridiculous but there's that three-hour window almost every danged day.  There must a scrum as people try to elbow their way into my little store in the tiny slice of time they have to do it.

So basically in my case it does not matter. 😖

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

IDKY but many of my sales come in the middle of the night (for me).  Oddly that's when I get messages too, like 2:00 A.M. 

As lakefor94 mentioned, instead of using the relist tool, use the sell similar to get a bit of a boost for a day or so. That helps. I once was told that just doing something with your listings every day is a good tool too, so I'm constantly updating pics, adding products or removing them, sending coupons to followers of listings and things like that instead of using the promote tool. Maybe try looking at selling charts over the last year and see if there are trends during the different days of the month that you get most sales. That may help you figure it out.

Good luck and happy selling. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

You have nice items from what I saw, sounds like you may have found the best time to list already - good luck going forward.

@mn467462  Just hit the View Listings button on OP post to see items

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Have you tried double doors, twice as many can fit through the opening.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Many different items mostly crystal.  Many different prices.  ?

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Ty.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@dnasilver wrote:

Have you tried double doors, twice as many can fit through the opening.

The fancy double doors only came with the premium store level. 😣  Now that I'm a humble starter store I get a narrow door off the fire escape with one of those rubber door stoppers which is so old that it has fossilized.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

The quickest way I can think of to sell something on ebay...

List buy it now/fixed price/no offers/immediate payment required.

List it at a low price, as low as you can go.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Nothing to do with the question, but if it were me, I'd say get rid of the word "stunning".

I doubt ANYone searches on that as a keyword, and frankly, not everything can BE Stunning (even if you think it is = ))

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 12 of 12
latest reply