cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When increasing Selling limits, do you get additional free listings?

I recently asked to have my selling limits increased from 250 listings each month, as I have hit my limit of items posted.  This was permitted and I am now allowed to list up to 650 items.  Now, what I am trying to find out is, does that mean I can list up to 650 items for free or do I only get my 250 free items still?  I do not have a membership store. I have a feeling it just allows me to post 650 total items but I now will have to pay additional listing fees after I go beyond the 250 posted.  Am I correct with this?  If so, how much do they charge per listing then? I cannot seem to find a straightforward answer on this. Thank you.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: When increasing Selling limits, do you get additional free listings?

No.

Without a Store you still have only 250 Free listings.

Any others will be Paid.

Do check your Seller Hub though,since you may be getting free promotional listings.

Don't count on those to be permanent though.

With a Basic Store subcription you get 1000 listings and again there may be Promotional free listings.

The point of restricting new sellers is to allow for a learning curve and to protect both buyers and sellers against any errors. (Also eBay against the wider effects of those errors.)

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

No, without a store, you only get the 250 free listings.

I think it's $0.35 for each listing over 250.

Have a great day.
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@frigid_dane 

When increasing Selling limits, do you get additional free listings?

No. Limits are limits regardless of how many free/included listings you have. If you are considering an eBay store, you are still limited by your limits.  You will not be able to use all your store free/included listings if you do not have adequate limits.

Getting a store that includes 10,000 listings wouldn't make sense as you wouldn't be able to use all the included listings because of your limits.

You could consider a basic store when the cost of the store is cheaper than what you would pay for extra listings without a store. 

Choose your subscription level (ebay.com)

Selling limits | eBay

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@frigid_dane wrote: ... does that mean I can list up to 650 items for free or do I only get my 250 free items still?  ...

Just the 250.   Sellers who have no Store subscription, or a Starter-level store subscription, get 250 free insertions per month regardless of whatever their listing limits are.   It was just a coincidence that your limit matched the number of non-store free insertions.

If you have no Store subscription then each insertion above 250 will cost 35 cents.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

My selling limit was increased just today to 5,000,000 items per month.  I'm going to have to pay an insertion fee on 4,999,750 of them next month.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

ok thank you. One more question.  How often do you get hit with that 35 cents?  Just once when you list your item or does it reoccur each month you get hit 35 cents for each item over 250? I am trying to figure up my costs vs how much i would pay to have a store? 

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

OUCH THAT HURTS!!! WOW! 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Once the 250 free are used for the month all additional listings will be charged 0.35c when they relist.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@frigid_dane wrote:

ok thank you. One more question.  How often do you get hit with that 35 cents?  Just once when you list your item or does it reoccur each month you get hit 35 cents for each item over 250? I am trying to figure up my costs vs how much i would pay to have a store? 

Every month the item is relisted and you're over your free 250.

Have a great day.
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@frigid_dane wrote: ....  How often do you get hit with that 35 cents?  Just once when you list your item or does it reoccur each month you get hit 35 cents for each item over 250? ...

Fixed price listings roll over each month on the same date as they began (e.g., June 15, July 15, August 15, etc.). When a fixed price listing rolls over, it will use up one of your free insertions if available; if not, then you're charged 35 cents.  Each insertion, whether free or paid, is good for only one month.  

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@hartungcards wrote:

My selling limit was increased just today to 5,000,000 items per month.  I'm going to have to pay an insertion fee on 4,999,750 of them next month.

Impressive. You must be able to process and list about 30,000 items an hour?  If only I could get 10% of that listed in a month. 🙄

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

You have a Store.  If it is a Basic or Above, you should have plenty of free listings.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 14 of 14
latest reply