cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When a buyer says...

When a buyer threatens bad review because you wont send another package? They say they did not recieve it and the tracking says delievered?  We pulled all of our items on ebay and decided not to sell here anymore because of silly problems like these.

One guy says " I did not read the description and though all those items came in it "

Disgusting.  Do you guys just increase your price to make up for these problems?

each time we took the loss to satisfy the customer. eBay still gets their full fees and the item gets their item ( Sometimes twice).

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: When a buyer says...

@shirtmilewrote:

It not about customers being honest or dishonest. It's more like the way it happens.

For example the most recent one I had. Said "I need this item ASAP KK. or I can just file a complaint with eBay it's up to you.hurry up let me no kk."  The item was a smallin value $10 or so. I just sent out another item to spare myself the negative feedback. So in this case it doesn't really matter if they were being honest or dishonest. They still got their way.

I've been ordering stuff online for the past 10 years or so and maybe one or two packages of actually been lost and that both times it was my job to discover where the package was not the sellers. I don't see how they get away with threatening like that .

About the post with multiple items, it was a single item with a front and back view completely labeled in red. It was obvious to a blind person. In that case I sent out another item aswell to spare the negative feedback.

If you haven't sold on eBay and dealt with these hassles then you are not in a position to defend the customer or even make a suggestion. As a seller I take every precaution my item is well packaged to withstand a rough beating. Label is clear and adhered well onto package. If the item makes it to the person and is "out for delivery" I have did my job even if it never makes it. So why may I still get negative feedback for a usps mistake?

It's just much easier to mark up everything and sell things of lower value on eBay or get a third party insurance of some sort.

OP, you might not like hearing this but the only reason the buyer got his way was because you let him get away with scamming you.

I have gotten to the point that I tell buyers with problems to go ahead and file a case with ebay.  I say that it's so i can send them a return ship label, but it is really calling their bluff.  I look at buyer-uh-scammers with problems as playing poker with them.  They threaten, I go all in and call their bluffs with a message that says that I will get them on authorities radar. 

Scammers target newer sellers, they are easy targets because they don't know policies, what they can and can not do and are really proud of their feedback.  They make mistakes that scammers count on.

You could remove the guaranteed in 24 hours line because it implies that you are shipping overnight.  Actually you can remove your written out terms of sale because they are already on the listing under shipping AND you will find that they are worthless for the most part.

(*Bleep*)
Message 46 of 59
latest reply

Thanks! Yes, unfortunately closest USPS location is horrible!! But willing to drive just a bit farther to a different one! I make sure to wait in line and get packages scanned.  

Message 47 of 59
latest reply

Here we are today,

The same buyer claims his second package that required signature, was also lost. So 2 packages dissapeared from this loosers house. 2 packages in a row worth $20. That is just amazig.

In the end, I own and operate a retail store and do not need to sell on ebay.  My good quality and low prices are now the loss of the consumer.

I personally take all packages to USPS and have them scanned upon drop off. My job is done. It was fun while it lasted. Next item I sell here will be $5 over priced to make  up for problems like this. It's called overhead .

Message 48 of 59
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tableclothwrote:

As a seller, I consider helping my buyers have a good experience is part of my job. YMMV

Also SMH, no wonder why buyers are leaving. God forbid anyone should help a buyer when they're not required to.

The buyer is in the position to help themselves.

What is a seller from a thousand miles away supposed to do for a buyer that won't make a phone call?

Message 49 of 59
latest reply

@tellmemama wrote:

If I buy a new car and it gets stolen an hour after I drove it off the lot, do I go after the dealer who sold it to me?  Of course not.  But in this brave new world of people shirking all personal responsibility, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if someone did try to put some blame the dealership.  I mean, McDonalds settled with that woman whose hot coffee was too hot...

Dominos will replace your pizza if you drop it on the way home 😞

Seriously ... that is where we are at this point and time with "personal responsibility" SMH

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 50 of 59
latest reply

@penguins_dont_flywrote:

@tellmemama wrote:

If I buy a new car and it gets stolen an hour after I drove it off the lot, do I go after the dealer who sold it to me?  Of course not.  But in this brave new world of people shirking all personal responsibility, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if someone did try to put some blame the dealership.  I mean, McDonalds settled with that woman whose hot coffee was too hot...

Dominos will replace your pizza if you drop it on the way home 😞

Seriously ... that is where we are at this point and time with "personal responsibility" SMH

You got to wonder about businesses who are catering to bottom feeders as customers they really realy want to keep happy.  Makes you wonder just why they are so desperate.

(*Bleep*)
Message 51 of 59
latest reply

@retrose1wrote: 
Here is a fine example of the buyer mentality.  This afternoon I got a message from a buyer with over 100 buying feedback wanting to know when I would ship their item they bought on the 2nd. 

I  shipped it on the 2nd with a 3 day handling time, which means that ebay shouldn't even be telling them it's late, I still have a day to ship.  But according to the PO it was delivered to their parcel locker a couple hours earlier today.  So either they got the package and is now testing to see if I can prove delivery and if not they will file for their freebie OR they would rather complain about delvery BEFORE they find out they have it - either way, they are on the buddy list.

So you provided no information about where their package was - then put them on your BBL when they had the nerve to ask about it? 

Do you get a lot of repeat business?

Message 52 of 59
latest reply

Their package was in their hands - they had no need to ask about when i would ship it.

And I had another day to ship within my handling time - they had no need to be asking about when I would ship.

I get lots of repeat business, usually on the other site - which does not have the cater to bottom feeders and give them freebies mentality with policies to back it up.  Which is all that was happening with that buyer.

(*Bleep*)
Message 53 of 59
latest reply

@shirtmile wrote:

Here we are today,

The same buyer claims his second package that required signature, was also lost. So 2 packages disappeared from this loser's house. 2 packages in a row worth $20. That is just amazing.

Just to clarify here: the packages were sent with Signature Confirmation? What does their tracking show now? Were they delivered yet? If they're signed for, then your delivery obligation is completed. (Were you sending $20 shipments with Signature Confirmation, or is that a typo?)

Message 54 of 59
latest reply

@a_c_greenwrote:
@shirtmile wrote:

Here we are today,

The same buyer claims his second package that required signature, was also lost. So 2 packages disappeared from this loser's house. 2 packages in a row worth $20. That is just amazing.

Just to clarify here: the packages were sent with Signature Confirmation? What does their tracking show now? Were they delivered yet? If they're signed for, then your delivery obligation is completed. (Were you sending $20 shipments with Signature Confirmation, or is that a typo?)

That's the way that a replacement should be shipped out - just to make sure the PO gets it to the right place.

The OP should make a visit to their PO branch and have their postmaster take a look at the packages tracking numbers and then discuss the type of complaints to be made after that.

(*Bleep*)
Message 55 of 59
latest reply

Tell the buyer to open an item not recieved case, then the case will be closed in your favor because tracking was provided and shows delivered.
Message 56 of 59
latest reply

ebay will side with you

Message 57 of 59
latest reply

thank alot all, I enjoyed vetting with you.

I have a day job and make a living so I don't  " NEED" eBay. It's just fun to see people out of my state order my items. I decided to pull the brakes on eBay for now and just leave it alone.

I feel like its the customer's loss. I have great deals on T-Shirts. All sizes in $2.50 and I though it would be fun to share it but some people can't handle online shopping..

FYI, One day I was deer hunting and in the woods was a place that sold honey. There was a sign that said " Gone Hunting" and next to the sign was a money jar and a small pile of change for you check out your self. I added up my total, made change and left the money in the jar. There had to be $600 worth of money and honey. ( no pun inteded) . Too bad that kind of trust doesn't exist everywhere. Thats how life should be....

Message 58 of 59
latest reply

I have assisted people at times in finding a package. I had one that the buyer had mistakenly sent to an address that she no longer resided because she forgot to change it on her account. Now, I know it is still the buyers fault they did not change it, but, I proceeded to call the P.O. where the package was being held becuase they actually had no place to deliver it in this case. The P.O. then on my direction, after the buyer come to the P.O.with her Identification ,was able to retrieve the package. She was one happy camper and left marvelous feedback.

Message 59 of 59
latest reply