cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I search for "Vintage Barbie Wedding Gown", I don't want to see adult Kimono's

It's not my job to report over 50 auctions for adult sized woman's kimono's when I do I search for "Vintage Barbie Wedding Gowns".   I reported a few of them, but I want to get paid for reporting offenders.  Or get some kind of discount on my final value fees for selling.  

Ebay, can you possibly clean up the vintage barbie category with incorrect details?  Some sellers have over 10 to 15 violations currently.

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: When I search for "Vintage Barbie Wedding Gown", I don't want to see adult Kimono's

OP posted, in response to my post:

"It's misuse of a brand name."

OK.  Do you still want eBay to Pay You for being a spy?  
Or maybe Mattel could pay you, since Barbie is their brand.  

BTW, quite a number of responses have tried to help you narrow down your search.  
If their suggestions have not helped you, you're still probably doing something wrong.  

Message 31 of 42
latest reply

Re: When I search for "Vintage Barbie Wedding Gown", I don't want to see adult Kimono's

@meme6253  100% of the people who searched for the OP did NOT see adult Kimonos. No need to teach millions of people. It works fine.

Message 32 of 42
latest reply

The original vintage Barbie stuff was made in Japan so that may be where the Kimono comes in.   The search has to be as inclusive as possible.

Message 33 of 42
latest reply

Try this:  Select the category "Dolls & Bears".  Put "Vintage Barbie Wedding Gown into the Search box.  The last time I looked, there were about 800 listings.  Scroll down.  Let us know when you find a listing in that category that has an adult kimono.  

Message 34 of 42
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@meme6253  100% of the people who searched for the OP did NOT see adult Kimonos. No need to teach millions of people. It works fine.

I wish she would post her search.........since we can't see Kimonos.....just wonder why she's getting them and no one else is.......

Message 35 of 42
latest reply

Don't know about you, but it's time for me to take myself out of this circus.  Seems likely that the OP will not return and we will be forever left to wonder how her search could yield such disparate results as compared to ours.  

Message 36 of 42
latest reply

Where Did You get That % From??

Message 37 of 42
latest reply

So how many adult kimono listings did YOU find when you searched for Vintage Barbie Wedding Gown?

Message 38 of 42
latest reply

@dolldesigns4u 

< They are putting "barbie" under character type, for an adult size kimono >     

Just wondering, are you checkmarking the box to search Title and Description

On a [perhaps] related note, I once discovered/reported a blatant example of keyword spamming.  The seller had concealed several unrelated brand names in the listing, by using white font on a white background.  You couldn't see them by just looking, but the search engine would find them. 

Message 39 of 42
latest reply

@dolldesigns4u wrote:

The seller is putting "BARBIE" under the character type, for an adult size non-mattel item.  It's misuse of a brand name.

Perhaps it is, but I assure you that Mattell is a VeRO member and has a whole raft of lawyers whose sole practice is protecting the Mattell brands.  So there is no reason for you to do unpaid work that lawyers are already doing for substantial pay.

-

Message 40 of 42
latest reply

@gosimus wrote:

@dolldesigns4u 

< They are putting "barbie" under character type, for an adult size kimono >     

Just wondering, are you checkmarking the box to search Title and Description

On a [perhaps] related note, I once discovered/reported a blatant example of keyword spamming.  The seller had concealed several unrelated brand names in the listing, by using white font on a white background.  You couldn't see them by just looking, but the search engine would find them. 

I tried that and no Kimonos

Message 41 of 42
latest reply

People will definitely mislabel things to be lumped with something more desirable.  Foreign dropshippers will place items in whatever category they select.  I'd even question the use of the word vintage by some.  Let me guess ebay USED to break Barbie items down by eras but now they don't even do that?  So basically some amazon dropshipper comes along and moves items into the wrong category hoping someone to stand out and change a customer's mind.  It's very common on this site.  I see people now defending this practice but when I critiqued ebay for promoting xmas items in Halloween that was okay.  Those category changes ebay did encouraged this.  Many a seller does not speak alibaba. We don't just list 200k items at a time and let the chips fall where they may.  All dropshippers should have a frame around their pictures or something that indicate to the consumer the seller doesn't actually have the item.  Then there's just the seller who has say a salvation army kimono who hasn't had any sales in forever so they try to shake things up.  Site is really messed up...unless you're an amazon dropshipper.   

Message 42 of 42
latest reply