cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I search for "Vintage Barbie Wedding Gown", I don't want to see adult Kimono's

It's not my job to report over 50 auctions for adult sized woman's kimono's when I do I search for "Vintage Barbie Wedding Gowns".   I reported a few of them, but I want to get paid for reporting offenders.  Or get some kind of discount on my final value fees for selling.  

Ebay, can you possibly clean up the vintage barbie category with incorrect details?  Some sellers have over 10 to 15 violations currently.

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: When I search for "Vintage Barbie Wedding Gown", I don't want to see adult Kimono's

@meme6253 wrote:

The Whole Item Specifics Is A MESS, Seems like everyone has a different Specific they type in, & some get what they are looking for & MANY do not!

@meme6253 WRONG, read what I wrote to the OP to teach her how to search. Post 15.

Message 16 of 42
latest reply

Re: When I search for "Vintage Barbie Wedding Gown", I don't want to see adult Kimono's

@simba6  Wrong. Please do not post inaccurate info. Everyone who checked for the OP saw no Kimono's.

Message 17 of 42
latest reply

No adult kimonos when I searched for "Vintage Barbie Wedding Gown".   Never realized Barbie had so many wedding gowns!!! 😂

Message 18 of 42
latest reply

Not sure about  Kimono's but the search does bring up items from time to time your not looking for.

Message 19 of 42
latest reply

I checked again this morning, and still got several kimonos and adult size dresses.

Message 20 of 42
latest reply

Thank you!  I did not know this....

Message 21 of 42
latest reply

The reason to report them is that they are putting "Barbie" in the character type, for an adult non mattel item.  It's a misuse of brand name.

Message 22 of 42
latest reply

Yes, I report them for misuse of brand name.  They are putting "barbie" under character type, for an adult size kimono and an adult size dress.

Message 23 of 42
latest reply

It's misuse of a brand name.

Message 24 of 42
latest reply

The seller is putting "BARBIE" under the character type, for an adult size non-mattel item.  It's misuse of a brand name.

Message 25 of 42
latest reply

I don't work for Ebay.  And Ebay needs to suspend those sellers who put "Barbie" in their auction descriptions, when they are selling an adult size dress or handbag.  There is NO FLAW in the search function.  These sellers are using a "search manipulation" and "misuse of a brand name".  Oh, and thanks for entering me in the Hall of Fame.  SO what should YOU be entered into for not realizing these sellers are violating the "search and browse" function??

Message 26 of 42
latest reply

My Point is maybe we can teach her how to search, But what about all the millions of potential customers??, Can you teach all of them??, So Results will Constantly be Different!

Message 27 of 42
latest reply

@dolldesigns4u wrote:

The reason to report them is that they are putting "Barbie" in the character type, for an adult non mattel item.  It's a misuse of brand name.

Will you give a URL for the search you are doing?  Just copy from the browser search bar.......

Message 28 of 42
latest reply

Can you return and show us the item numbers for the listings you found mis-categorized this way? And are you saying that you search in the "Dolls & Bears" category for Vintage Barbie Wedding Gowns and those kimonos etc come up? 

Message 29 of 42
latest reply

Not to brag or anything, but I felt that my tutorial on how I did my search, which did not reveal anything except Barbie Vintage Wedding Gowns, was a pretty good lesson in searching if you do not want to see anything except those.  Asked OP for listing #s of the mis-categorized items and waiting for response.  

Message 30 of 42
latest reply