cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats happening with Product Submissions to the ebay catalog - did ebay kill it ?

In the Seller Hub > Listings, the title of the page is "Manage Product Submissions" (for the catalog)    But the PRODUCT SUBMISSION item in the left menu is not linked.   And the page says  "Something went wrong.  Please Refresh"

Ebay customer service seem to know less about this than I do.

I have a competitor who explicitly purchased, cloned and now lists a copy of my product.  That fine, but somehow his listing had Product Reviews and Product Ratings.  All of the reviews are for his listing, not mixed with other sellers, because there are no other sellers except for my listing.

How can I get the Product Ratings on my listing ?  If his item is in the Catalog, it would not be suitable for me to list under his item, because there are significant variations in the actual product descriptions.   I have the impression that ebay is transitioning from Seller Submissions, to automated submissions to the catalog.   Is that true or not true.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS ?   Ebay customer service barely knows about the seller hub page.    

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Whats happening with Product Submissions to the ebay catalog - did ebay kill it ?

There is a vague mention of the product catalog versus item specifics in the Spring release I think and in a video from ebay live..   In the live video a new product guy mentions that the catalog, frankly, wasn't working.....and they are now trying to get really detailed in item specifics (so far not in all categories).....  the implication was that the catalog would be developed from that.....or something like a catalog........

I'm not sure if you can still submit products for the catalog, if so, how you do it. 

Concerning your issue.........why would the product ratings on a product that is different from yours apply to your products?

"there are significant variations in the actual product descriptions."

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: Whats happening with Product Submissions to the ebay catalog - did ebay kill it ?

Not sure what you are asking. So I will clarify, If my competitor's item is in the catalog, I don't want to populate my listing with his description, because my product is somewhat different than his.

All of his reviews are specific to his listing. I would not want his reviews to show up on my listing if possible.

We have all seen negative reviews appear on our listings because other sellers mess up and you don't. I would prefer to have the benefit my competitor has, his Product Reviews are only for items he has sold.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

lol, I'm not sure what you're asking either........

Are his reviews showing up on your product?  or are you asking how to get reviews about your product on your product?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Not necessarily addressing your question, but I have been told recently by anchor store CSR's that the product catalog is pretty much dead, and will likely sorta fade out.  A year ago I was told it was the future of ebay, but apparently didn't go too well. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@esg-enterprises wrote:

Not necessarily addressing your question, but I have been told recently by anchor store CSR's that the product catalog is pretty much dead, and will likely sorta fade out.  A year ago I was told it was the future of ebay, but apparently didn't go too well. 

That makes sense since it appears that Product Catalog Discussion Board we used to have just suddenly disappeared one day with no notice and no reference if it even got archived.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Yes, I am asking how to get reviews on my listings about my products. My buyers cannot submit Product reviews at this time.

I only mentioned my competitor because he has exactly what I want, but I don't know to get there.

But now is see in this thread the Product Submission is dead.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW THIS . . . If ebay is automating the catalog process, can my product ever have product reviews without being in an EBAY Store ??
Message 7 of 7
latest reply