cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with my earnings so far for the current week?

3 days into the new week & already up to $13 Cdn in sales! (-10%).  What to do with all of that money?!  lol  Checked out my fees, too.  Only had 11 sales since May 16.  $47+ in fees!  4-5 of those 11 sales cover my fees.  Wonderful!  Very close to fed up with the disppointment of seeing day after day with little or no sales & still managing to get somewhat substantial fees.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

That $13 would easily cover a Big Mac meal at McDonalds. Count your blessings sir!

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

@jonathankirkland wrote:

That $13 would easily cover a Big Mac meal at McDonalds. Count your blessings sir!

Please don't eat the stuff, it will kill you. That is unless the stress from selling on eBay doesn't kill you first. 

$13 will get you 120 copies of your Resume at Staples. If things keep going down hill you need to spend wisely....

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

3 days into the new week & already up to $13 Cdn in sales! (-10%).  What to do with all of that money?!  lol  Checked out my fees, too.  Only had 11 sales since May 16.  $47+ in fees!  4-5 of those 11 sales cover my fees.  Wonderful!  Very close to fed up with the disppointment of seeing day after day with little or no sales & still managing to get somewhat substantial fees.

Put that money in your Paypal or  checking account. 😀

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

That's Priceless Advice! Hahaha!

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

I used mine to buy the world's smallest violin. 

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Pityful simply Pityful

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Only had 11 sales since May 16.  $47+ in fees!  4-5 of those 11 sales cover my fees.  Wonderful!  Very close to fed up with the disppointment of seeing day after day with little or no sales - op - unquote ------------------------------------------

Why don't you do what most sellers do with their earnings ? buy more junk to sell . Its like a vicious cycle . tulips 

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Please don't eat the stuff, it will kill you. scalemotors - unquote 

Yep in a heart beat . In fact we refer to it as a heart attack on a bun around here . tulips 

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Save it for your fees.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

"buy more junk to sell . Its like a vicious cycle". That is exactly what I did for about the 1st 10 years of selling here. I rolled my profits over and over again and a few years ago had to buy a building to keep everything in LOL. Big ambitions, so little time.

I`ve completed almost 44,000 successful selling transactions on ebay since I started and now I`m seriously considering selling it all in 1 or 2 big lots with the recent headaches and heartaches here. I`m saddened by it but it has been a great run so I can`t complain. I`m going to ponder it for awhile before I make any decisions.
"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

or returns 😉

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

I think many sellers feel the same way. We chugged along, finding good stuff, taking clear pics and writing detailed descriptions. The shock of the very real possibility of outright losing that stuff that you got up at 4:30 AM to go hunting for is quite jarring.
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

I hope your sales turn around very soon.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

You might take advantage of this slow period to review your listings.

You state "no international shipping"  but you don't have any countries Blocked.

Without that Block, your listings will show all around the world. And can  be purchased by Australians, Nepalese or Bolivians.

It looks like you sell an average of about 30 items a month. But your items vary in price from a penny to over $400.

Are the number of your sales off? Or just the value?

Would your magazines sell better if you used Free Shipping?

DON'T PANIC!

Free Shipping just means the cost of shipping is included in the asking price.

Which is cheaper?

A $6.97 zines with $3.97 shipping?

Or a $10.94 zine with Free Shipping?

And if you really want to push the boat out, how about a $10.99 zine with Free Shipping and an extra nickel in your pocket?

(I'm assuming they weigh under 200 gr and you are using Canada Post LetterPost for them, which means you are already subsidizing the shipping a little.)

BTW as a fellow seller of flat things-- have you tried scanning your zines, cards, photos etc? You can get great resolution and the viewer sees what you are offering better.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply