cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the WHAT?!

WOW!!!  This has never happened to me before!  

I have a lot of 3 comics for auction that have gained about 75 views and 10 watchers in the last 12 hours.  It's almost like I'm the only one on Ebay who has them (I'm not, and mine aren't in as good condition as many others).  Never had this many watchers OR viewers on a single item, before.  Not that I'm complaining, but WOW.

Anyone else have this happen to them?  Is there some logical explanation?  

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

What the WHAT?!

Someone has posted a link somewhere like a group/pinterest/facebook, etc.......

I once got 498 hits in about 8 hrs on something.........  it didn't sell.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

What the WHAT?!

Yes, I've had items in the past that have garnered the this type of supringsly high interest.  I don't know if it was price, condition, competitors -- or -- just plain good placement in searches.  Regardless, I bet your item will sell!  Good Luck.

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 2 of 40
latest reply

What the WHAT?!

I once got 498 hits in about 8 hrs on something.........  it didn't sell.

Message 3 of 40
latest reply

What the WHAT?!

@wolf*song wrote:

WOW!!!  This has never happened to me before!  

I have a lot of 3 comics for auction that have gained about 75 views and 10 watchers in the last 12 hours.  It's almost like I'm the only one on Ebay who has them (I'm not, and mine aren't in as good condition as many others).  Never had this many watchers OR viewers on a single item, before.  Not that I'm complaining, but WOW.

Anyone else have this happen to them?  Is there some logical explanation?  

I've had items attract over 100 views and have 33 watchers.

At least buyers are showing interest in your items. Buyers are comparing prices. Checking to see which seller might drop their price a bit.

Message 4 of 40
latest reply

What the WHAT?!

@dhbookds wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking. Once several years ago when that happened to me, I Googled the listing number (just the listing number, by itself), and found that my item had been spotted by a special-interest collectors' forum, and the members were all coming to take a look at it. (That one definitely sold, big-time. Smiley Happy)

Message 5 of 40
latest reply

What the WHAT?!

Thanks, luck to you, as well!
Message 6 of 40
latest reply

What the WHAT?!

UGH! Sorry.

I did post a link to a different set of books to a FB group I belong to, though, so that could easily explain it. Thanks!
Message 7 of 40
latest reply

What the WHAT?!

Back in February, I did a relist on a coat and had a buyer bid within minutes of it going live.  She emailed because she wanted lower shipping - I thought I was seeing things w/the message because I had just listed it.  I had it at one price w/BIN and she wanted it at the BIN price, one that I was happy with.  I had to cancel the bid and relist w/BIN and she purchased and paid within seconds - I did miscaluate the shipping, but I was committed to the price I told her - she left glowing feedback 🙂

Message 8 of 40
latest reply

What the WHAT?!

Yep,  it took me 3 relists over 3 months  to figure out the keyword causing this anomaly.  I removed the keyword, and views fell off, thereafter.  Never sold the item, but it sure was thrilling to see all those views for a change.  Hope you have a better outcome!

Message 9 of 40
latest reply

What the WHAT?!

Fingers crossed for you ❤️ 

Message 10 of 40
latest reply

What the WHAT?!

3 Comics are a Lot Auction, correct? Are there any Bids?
Message 11 of 40
latest reply

What the WHAT?!

sorry................ realize that what I said was a downer......not selling the item......it was just kind of funny (ha, ha funny) to me at the time and it did sell later............  Good luck to YOU!!!

Message 12 of 40
latest reply

What the WHAT?!

NICE!
Message 13 of 40
latest reply

What the WHAT?!

Thanks, and best of luck to you!
Message 14 of 40
latest reply

What the WHAT?!

Thanks, you as well!