cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the most expensive thing you've sold on eBay?

I sold a Rolex watch for $10,000 on eBay 20 years ago. It was a smooth transaction, including the PayPal payment and USPS shipping.

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: What's the most expensive thing you've sold on eBay?

It was an original signed Peter Max Flag with Heart mixed media piece.

😃

Grandma

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

My chapter of the Embroiderers' Guild of America often gets donations from families in which the embroiderer has passed away.  About 9-10 years ago, I took a set of six or seven cross-stitch kits from one of those donations, all from the same designer, with fabric and threads, to try to sell on eBay to build up our treasury.  I had them all ready to go with prices around $8.99, $10.99, etc.  Before I listed them, however, I decided to take a quick glance at similar sold items.  Boy, was I shocked!!  

I added $10.00 to the auction starting price for each of them and watched the bids come in.   One buyer grabbed them all, and I was delighted to add more than $300.00 to our treasury.   

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

2 antique autos and a HD for my deceased father when he had to quit driving...😞

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

With the number of scammers on ebay, I would not sell anything expensive here.  20 Years ago it was not like this.

Message 19 of 29
latest reply

LOL Good One!!!!

Message 20 of 29
latest reply

2000lbs of Lego.

Remodeled my bathroom and went to Europe for 2 weeks.

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

A special order to a hotel located inside an old brewery in Milwaukee $600.00...and they sent me all the materials for the order!

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

Japanese sword that I bought in an auction lot. paid 2.33 sold for over 2k

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

1. A "lead" toy in my early days on Ebay for $1200, back in the days when you could take money orders and those toys were hot.

2. An an amber necklace; I had someone in the Middle East ask me if I'd sell it for $1000.  Yep.(LOL)  Shipped to Delaware.

My favorite surprise was a scarf I started at $10; a message came in from France asking if I'd take $100 for it and ship right away.  Seeing as how I'd expected to get the ten bucks for an unsigned scarf...sure.  The guy was writing a book and it was supposed to land on the cover.  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 24 of 29
latest reply

I have never ever listed anything I couldn't afford to lose. Some of my auctions have blown past the hundred mark, but for more expensive items I have a store in an antique mall which does terrific to this day. Now the most expensive item I've bought on EBay was a classic car and never looked back (sight unseen).

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

The biggest single item was a 1953 George Nelson variation coffee table for $2,600 plus shipping.  Of course, back then I was doing 5 figures in sales every month.  Now I only put the lesser stuff here and stay in the $200 or so average with nothing over $1,000.  Not that there's a lot of scammers in my niche category but USPS isn't the most dependable carrier right now, especially overseas.  

Having said that, I wonder if eBay realizes how much money they're losing every day for not having a little more seller protection.  Imagine the things that never get listed now because we don't feel protected enough to list it here?  Back in the day the choices of rarities were mind boggling. 

Now, not so much.

Joe

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

@evelyb30 wrote:

1. A "lead" toy in my early days on Ebay for $1200, back in the days when you could take money orders and those toys were hot.

2. An an amber necklace; I had someone in the Middle East ask me if I'd sell it for $1000.  Yep.(LOL)  Shipped to Delaware.

My favorite surprise was a scarf I started at $10; a message came in from France asking if I'd take $100 for it and ship right away.  Seeing as how I'd expected to get the ten bucks for an unsigned scarf...sure.  The guy was writing a book and it was supposed to land on the cover.  

I sold a rare set of Warren lead soldiers on eBay for a friend nearly 20 years ago for $5,000 and the buyer picked it up and paid cash.

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

A collection of VHS tapes for $550 or something.  I elected not to ship them media mail.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 28 of 29
latest reply

I sold a 2008 Nissan Versa  about  5 years ago for 3,990  through e bay motors . The buyers loved the car  and everything went great . That was the highest price item I ever sold here . Tulips 

Message 29 of 29
latest reply