cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's going on ebay? No decency?

I searched ebay using "men's underwear", I was presented with a page that I think looks disgusting, I scrolled down fast but it kept getting worse, so I backed out, and now they are following me on ebay pages.

I went to the river and used the same term and I was presented with a decent page that I can look at and buy.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: What's going on ebay? No decency?

@turquoisetulips wrote:

@mypostingid15 wrote:

I searched ebay using "men's underwear", I was presented with a page that I think looks disgusting, I scrolled down fast but it kept getting worse, so I backed out, and now they are following me on ebay pages.

I went to the river and used the same term and I was presented with a decent page that I can look at and buy.

Not just E bay   even TV ads are getting pretty brave . I seen one the other day showing men  doing their morning routine  and the last guy was stuffing the front of his underwear with  tissue . However  the commerical for that VIP - Poo ?[ not sure of the exact name ]  showing the airline pilot sitting on the toilet  while talking about their air freshener  is pretty disgusting . I really don't want to hear a sales pitch from a guy  with his pants down sitting on the pot . Yuck -  Tulips 

There is no decency on TV anymore but have you seen the commercials in the U.K.? Oh my Lord! I like to watch British shows on m smart tv but my gosh the commercials are downright indecent.

im no prude either. In a past life I worked in a go go to support my kids so I’ve seen it all. Also worked in a biker bar frequented by an infamous motorcycle club for a couple years. Actually I had a gun pointed at my head there and a biker saved my life. I wouldn’t be here now if not for them liking me. The guy with the pistol was not a biker, they took care of him that’s all I know. They told me he wouldn’t be back and I didn’t ask. TMI. 

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 16 of 34
latest reply

He survived the whole thing I know that but I’m sure he never pointed a pistol at anyone again.
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 17 of 34
latest reply

laughing My browser history must be a lot like yours, Mr T.

When I searched for men's underwear I saw quite a few styles of racy undies on some lovely male bods. The ones with the hands down the front were mesh, so to avoid indecency they needed to cover their junk. These listings are probably no more offensive (maybe even less offensive) than what you see if you do a search for women's underwear. But yeah, men are now doing the sexy undies thing just like women do.

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

You gave me a good snortle. Thanks!

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

@sharingtheland wrote:

@turquoisetulips wrote:

@mypostingid15 wrote:

Not just E bay   even TV ads are getting pretty brave . I seen one the other day showing men  doing their morning routine  and the last guy was stuffing the front of his underwear with  tissue . However  the commerical for that VIP - Poo ?[ not sure of the exact name ]  showing the airline pilot sitting on the toilet  while talking about their air freshener  is pretty disgusting . I really don't want to hear a sales pitch from a guy  with his pants down sitting on the pot . Yuck -  Tulips 

Ah, but was he touching the toilet paper ?  

LOL , I don't remember  but I can't imagine what kind of marketing '' genuis''  came up  with that  commerical . Tulips 

Message 20 of 34
latest reply

@skatefool wrote:

Probably preparing the TP roll to ship valuable items.

Or he could have just dropped it  from an elevation of 3,000 feet  🙂   Tulips 

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

@mg152 wrote:

@turquoisetulips wrote:

@mypostingid15 wrote:

There is no decency on TV anymore but have you seen the commercials in the U.K.? Oh my Lord! I like to watch British shows on m smart tv but my gosh the commercials are downright indecent.

im no prude either. In a past life I worked in a go go to support my kids so I’ve seen it all. Also worked in a biker bar frequented by an infamous motorcycle club for a couple years. Actually I had a gun pointed at my head there and a biker saved my life. I wouldn’t be here now if not for them liking me. The guy with the pistol was not a biker, they took care of him that’s all I know. They told me he wouldn’t be back and I didn’t ask. TMI. 

Wow , glad you made it out of that one , pretty scary stuff  ! I don't consider myself a prude either   but I'd like to think  that having a moral compass  is a pretty good thing .  Tulips

Message 22 of 34
latest reply

how do you delete recommend products that are telling you to buy every style and brand of tampons ,diapers or engagement rings gifts ideas etc. now no surprise every one know what your shopping for if using the site in public or share home PC or get real this this cause me not to want to shop for any thing, if I go to the mall there are not people standing at entrance shoving tampons in my face to buy this is absolutely a big problem and may be a big loss of business for shoppers discrepancy ebay will let seller sale a privet auction whats the point there if what there buying later is plastered all over their page sign godforbid you forget to clear and your kid walk in unexpected or fiance as your sing back in to account! I know how to search what I want and find it! I don't need any spam ads from ebay to help me shop!
Message 23 of 34
latest reply

LOL, the WORST were some of the poo pourri commercials!

Message 24 of 34
latest reply

@relaxintowealth wrote:

LOL, the WORST were some of the poo pourri commercials!

Amen . Especially when you have company over and one of those commericals comes on. Depending  on the people it does make some feel  bit uncomfortable . Tulips 

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

I discovered something the other day when I went clicked on my Account.  I had not noticed this in a long time.  Along the left column under "My Account" there is a choice "Advertising Preferences", the last item on the list.   Click on it and see what eBay says.  "Contol the information eBay uses to show you ads"......I did not agree to anything but went into each section "Show partners".   More than half the options were checked "yes" for those companies to send me ads and I never opted into any of them.   I unchecked every single one in every single section. under OUR PARTNERS.       I have never heard of more than 50% of the partners in any of those lists and if I have never heard the company names, I don't want any of their information either.  I wish eBay would mind their own business and not send me what they think I should see or what they want me to see.  I am not interested.   In other words eBay, get the hell out of my face.  Quit trying to control what we see. 

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

Check out women's underwear search.  Do you consider that indecent?  Both are pretty racy in my book and I agree, ebay should separate the racier and sexy stuff from the regular under clothing listings.  

Message 27 of 34
latest reply

@stumblebumble wrote:

I discovered something the other day when I went clicked on my Account.  I had not noticed this in a long time.  Along the left column under "My Account" there is a choice "Advertising Preferences", the last item on the list.   Click on it and see what eBay says.  "Contol the information eBay uses to show you ads"......I did not agree to anything but went into each section "Show partners".   More than half the options were checked "yes" for those companies to send me ads and I never opted into any of them.   I unchecked every single one in every single section. under OUR PARTNERS.       I have never heard of more than 50% of the partners in any of those lists and if I have never heard the company names, I don't want any of their information either.  I wish eBay would mind their own business and not send me what they think I should see or what they want me to see.  I am not interested.   In other words eBay, get the hell out of my face.  Quit trying to control what we see. 

Not even remotely close to what this thread is about.

Message 28 of 34
latest reply

@ripcityresell wrote:

@stumblebumble wrote:

Not even remotely close to what this thread is about.

@stumblebumble Hey man, thanks for the vitriol-laden email but it doesn't even remotely rank up there with some of the better ones I've gotten in the past. Enjoy your day!

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

@thomasglasshoarder wrote:

Check out women's underwear search.  Do you consider that indecent?  

Hard to say; I'm still researching.

Research, research, research!

Message 30 of 34
latest reply