cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What percentage of buyers usually leave feedback?

I've noticed this mostly since the big changes last summer here, but buyer's seem to have stopped leaving feedback.

I manage 8 accounts at work and have to personal accounts of my own. Since the changes I noticed almost no one leaves feedback, even repeat buyers. Overall its been maybe around 6% or so of buyers who have left feedback. At work, they use an automated program that alerts and leaves feedback in bunches when it sees 'x' number of completed sales. In the past, a batch of feedback postings would show almost a one to one rise in our own feedback numbers but in the past 6 months or so it seems feedback is no longer a concern of buyers.

As a buyer, nearly all sellers I've dealt with leave feedback, but buyers seem to suddenly be neglecting to leave feedback.

On my own account, I've sent out a few messages to remind buyers to please leave feedback but many simply never responded or replied saying they don't leave feedback. Many of whom are often repeat buyers.

It seems feedback here is slowly just going away. In past years, nearly every sale accounted for an increased feedback score, now its a rear occasion when someone bothers' to leave feedback.

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

I would say about 15-20% of my buyers leave feedback. Try not to pester the buyer too much about feedback. It will not help you receive more feedback. Don't worry too much about it. Over time, your feedback & reputation will grow. 

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

For me, about 20% or 1 in 5.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 3 of 30
latest reply

Feedback has been declining in number over the years. Right now, i receive fb on about 50% of sales. I never ask for it. (It is best not to poke the sleeping bear.)

As a voluntary program, there is little sense of urgency to leave it. Since 2008, sellers can leave only positive ratings and comments for buyers. That altered its importance in the eBay community.

As a seller, i always  leave it for my buyers immediately after payment, as a courtesy.

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

As others have said, it's been a steady decline. In my early days it was way more than half, close to probably 3/4 of buyers.

To give some perspective I've been selling since 1999 on this particular account, it's telling me I have had ~17,000 sales and my feedback score is 8,050 of which about 500 are from purchases.

Today I would estimate less than 1/4 leave feedback.

Remember, no feedback is better than bad feedback. Personally I believe nothing is gained from contacting a buyer and asking them to leave feedback.

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

@reelworks 

Out of 10 transactions, lucky if we get 2 that leave FB.  Sometimes, it just comes in spurts.

The Buyers we go the "extra" mile for that you are just certain will leave "glowing" FB, tend to leave none.  LOL

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 6 of 30
latest reply

I'm Happy with a Total 60% Positive 

0% Negative 

0% Neutral 

Sometimes ..No Feedback is More positive to Me 

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

Around 35% of buyers leave feedback for me with no feedback left for them first.

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

I noticed a gradual decline since I started selling. I used to get around 80% buyer feedback but that declined to about 50% up until about mid to late 2019 when it took a nose dive. These days I generally get less than 10 buyer feedback but I continue to leave feedback for every buyer. 

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

This is my buying account. On my selling account I always leave feedback for every single transaction. I don't wait to receive feedback; I leave it as a thank you to my buyers. I view feedback as a simple thank you to the buyer for choosing my store to spend their money on. More than half my buyers do come back to leave me positive FB. 

As a buyer who received my item as described and didn't receive a thank you (in the form of feedback) from the seller, why should I be bothered to leave feedback? I've also been noticing a trend with sellers who seem to refuse to leave ANY feedback at all. I see other buyers leaving them FB but not a peep back from the seller. If they don't care, then why should I....

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

Less than 10% leave me feedback. I automatically leave it after a sale receives payment. 

A seller's feedback would be more reflective of successful sales if automatic positive feedback were left after 30 days of a buyer not leaving it. I don't know of any sellers who neglect to leave feedback. 

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

As a seller- I wait until the item has been received and sometimes even wait for the feedback from the buyer.  I have noticed that it’s less feedback than before. I had 100% positive since 2005 until this week and received a negative comment on the sizing of a pair of socks 😥 this has really been upsetting-especially as the buyer won’t respond to any messages. I sell on some other sites and it is interesting how eBay chooses to monitor feedback. I miss my 100%😥😥

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

Bad use of words on my part. I always type in the feedback for the buyer and avoid the stored/canned feedback. 

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

About 20% and it's dropping fast. I remember when I used to get over 40%

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

Back when I first started selling here it was almost 100%, buyers also would get upset if you didn't leave them feedback as well.
I'm wondering if the use of cell phones these days and data usage is contributing to the lack of feedback from buyers lately?

The few feedbacks I do get are all good, but its just that feedback has become so scarce these days its a surprise to see new feedback left.

As a buyer, on my own account, I've missed or forgotten to leave feedback for a purchase and I almost always get a message from the seller asking me to leave positive feedback. Some make a point of being persistent about it.

Message 15 of 30
latest reply