cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is up with listings

Every time I list something today using the "Sell Similar" from my own listing all the descriptions are gone.

A lot of generic info that I don't need to re type for every listing I make .

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

What is up with listings

@solidguitar1961 wrote:

Every time I list something today using the "Sell Similar" from my own listing all the descriptions are gone.

A lot of generic info that I don't need to re type for every listing I make .

@solidguitar1961  This is an incredibly annoying glitch that has been going on for a while - for me it has been intermittent. What I do for sell similar that have lost their descriptions is open up the original listing and just copy it. For new listings I just copy my description into Word (or whatever you use), just in case the template I use has, once again, got a disappearing description.

I have no idea when they'll ever fix this.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

What is up with listings

You should check your listings and make sure that you didn't click on box "allowing Ai" to write your descriptions for you.   To check...edit your listings (below your description) and make sure "use Ai description" is not turned on.   This is a small symbol...that you would click to turn on.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

What is up with listings

@caldreamer wrote:

You should check your listings and make sure that you didn't click on box "allowing Ai" to write your descriptions for you.   To check...edit your listings (below your description) and make sure "use Ai description" is not turned on.   This is a small symbol...that you would click to turn on.

The glitch seems to have went away . I never use the AI descriptions , I tested it one time and it made a 100 year old stained , creased postcard sound fresh off the factory floor.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

What is up with listings

I've created listings just like that (always using my 'own' to 'sell similar') and they are ALWAYS 100% perfect.

I think you clicked 'let AI help' or something like that to cause this issue. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

What is up with listings

@solidguitar1961 

This glitch comes and goes. I have been noticing it again the last two days. When I see it happen, I save the listing to a draft, then go back and resume the listing from the draft and the description is there. That works most of the time, but when it does not work and I do not have a template to fall back on, I just copy and paste the description from the original listing.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

What is up with listings

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

I've created listings just like that (always using my 'own' to 'sell similar') and they are ALWAYS 100% perfect.

I think you clicked 'let AI help' or something like that to cause this issue. 

They've always worked in the past like that , it's coming and going right now. It's a glitch not something I clicked . 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

What is up with listings

I don't use AI (one has to go out of their way to click the AI option) and it happens to me and has been happening for weeks now on an intermittent basis. I've also lost descriptions in drafts (I'll do five drafts and then go back and add IS's or whatever and at least one of the descriptions is missing), importing templates, etc. etc.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 8 of 8
latest reply