cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is considered Promoted Listing?

What is considered Promoted Listing?

I had a repeat customer contact me if I got an item. I found one and send him the direct link to buy from ebay. But in sold details it says its sold via promoted listing and deducted the promotional fees. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: What is considered Promoted Listing?

I haven't tested this myself but I think it has to do with where you found the link. If you found it through searching on ebay's keyword search field and copied the URL of the listing you have that says "SPONSORED" on the bottom of it, it's likely you sent your buyer the link that goes through your promoted ad. 

I know there's multiple URLs that point to your same listing, that is why I ALWAYS make sure to choose the shortest URL possible. Which are always the links that go "https://www.ebay.com/itm/(xxxxxxxxxxxx)" where the X's is your item ID.

It's also possible that your buyer previously clicked into your promoted listing ad within the last 30 days and forgot how to find it, then asked you about the item.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

That was probably it. kinda sucks but oh well can't do much about it.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

There's a really easy way to guarantee that you're never charged the promotional fee on any item.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

naturally yes, but without it, I get zero sales with it, i get back what i originally avg in sales minus the fees

Message 5 of 5
latest reply