cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What inquiries do you ignore?

Or do you answer every every single message that you get? 

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: What inquiries do you ignore?

I try to answer every question, except those from low ballers complaining about prices.  

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

I usually answer questions. 

There have been one or two in my years selling here that I didn't answer because I was afraid of what I might say, lol. 

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

I don't ignore inquires. I don't get many inquiries. Abot half the inquires I do get I just need a quick scan of the description to get the answer. I don't ask why they don't read the description; I just give them the answer. 🙄

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

Once I decide the member is a few ants short of a picnic, I stop responding.

I do move the strange Messages to my Messages Archive, in case eBay needs to see them.

Note that if you respond to a Message, or have been in a transaction, the member can continue  to Message you for 30 days from your response.

You are not required to respond.

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

I do answer every question that I get from customers.

Sometimes the answer is already in the description but I still take the time to politely answer.

That customer may become a repeat customer and that is exactly what I would like to have happen!

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

I answer all questions from reasonable members. However before answering, I check the member's feedback left for others and if there's a problem with it,it's the only time I ignore questions and I block the member. 

I can't even count the number of bullets I've dodged either through "best offer" listings or through ASQs.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

I answer all emails I receive.  Sometimes I don't answer a question asked as it depends on what they ask.  But I do respond to them all.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 27
latest reply

I try to answer every message. Sometimes I may wait a day or so.  So, I don't say something stupid. 

Sometimes it is just, Thank you.  Sometimes it leads to learning new stuff. Sometimes it leads to... Have a nice day. However, sometimes it leads to a great buyer who says wonderful things about you.  

Just my Two Cents...
Thank you for being here!
Penny
Message 9 of 27
latest reply

If you wanted to purchase an item and had a question that concerned you enough to not purchase it without asking then would you be upset if you asked said question and didn't get a response?

Answer all of them. Takes less than 20 seconds. wait till you have to take a number 2 and you can get them all done in one shot.

Good Luck.

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

If you wanted to purchase an item and had a question that concerned you enough to not purchase it without asking then would you be upset if you asked said question and didn't get a response?

This happened to me the other day.  I had a question about an item of clothing I was looking at and made sure it wasn't addressed in the description (it wasn't).  The seller didn't bother to reply.  I didn't get "upset".  I just made a note not to buy anything from her.  She obviously doesn't need the business. 

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

I answer all the inquiries I receive.  Even the dumb ones.  Most of the time, my reply consists of "No".

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

Initially yes, I respond to all of them. I had a woman contact me at 3:57 a.m. last week, TWICE, and I answered her immediately. She is literally 3 miles away from me too, not on the other side of the world. The only ones I don't respond to are the ones that are basically a thank you to my thank you.

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

@mn467462 wrote:

Or do you answer every every single message that you get? 

I answer maybe 1 in 10

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

@mn467462 

Yes I do.  Its called good customer service per the seller which includes communication and don't forget professionalism. 

Have a great day.

Message 15 of 27
latest reply