cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What in the world? Email from "Ebay Collections"

This is a first.  On one of my four selling accounts, I just got an email titled "KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT IN GOOD STANDING - PAYMENT NEEDED".

First line: 

Please pay your eBay Seller fees

My fees were, and have always been, paid in full through paypal every month.  The account in question had its fees paid on 8/15/18, right on schedule.  

And before you ask, no, I don't think it's a spoof.  The email came from collections_us@ebay.com

Yet another "improvement" apparently designed to confound the heck out of us?

Message 1 of 223
latest reply
222 REPLIES 222

Re: What in the world? Email from "Ebay Collections"

I got it too. Apparently MORE TECH Problems as my bill is auto pay and was paid on 8/16 ....I typed it in to see if it was happening to anyone else. And of course it is. At least that COULD have  wrote if you have already paid disrequard this notice like most billers....Frustrating all the changes and errors from ebay over the past few months. Low sells Tech Problems emails for a bill that has been paid ....

Message 31 of 223
latest reply

Me too, I just posted about it as well.  Looks like it happened to a lot of us.  I sure as heck am not paying them twice after they lost 99% of photos on my listings!  Waiting for them to offer to give me my money back... waiting... waiting... waiting...

Message 32 of 223
latest reply

I just received the same email and I verified with paypal and my bank that funds were disbursed automatically. Very odd indeed. Contacting them now. 

Message 33 of 223
latest reply

If this were from eBay it would appear in your eBay Messages in your eBay account when you log it.  If it only came to your regular email and is not in your eBay Messages when you log it, it is fake.

This is a phishing email.  Of course it looks real - that's how phising works.  🙂  I recommend you Forward the email to spoof@ebay.com, change your email, PayPal, and eBay passwords, scan your pc for viruses, and stop complaining about eBay.  😉  

Message 34 of 223
latest reply

Ditto. At least we know it's a mass glitch.

I do agree we should recieve either free listings or a Final Value credit.

Message 35 of 223
latest reply

@ann_kid wrote:

Frustrating all the changes and errors from ebay over the past few months. Low sales, Tech Problems, emails for a bill that has been paid ....

...and in two days, they're holding their Weekly Chat. This week's topic: managed payments. (Yes, really.) I for one can't wait... 😀

Message 36 of 223
latest reply

We have two accounts and got the email for both. Scary that they have the email addresses and the exact amount of the current fee status, the one which is not even due yet on one account. And on the second account they had the amount which was just charged by automatic payment on the 16th. I sent both emails to spoof@ebay plus tried to answer one but it came back as undeliverable. Luckily, I never hit the 'make a payment' button.

Message 37 of 223
latest reply

Got the same e-mail as everyone else on this thread.  My account balance is paid up and current.  The eBay "experience" is really starting to tick me off.  It appears that every few weeks it's a new problem.  If it's this bad now, just wait until they bounce PayPal as planned, and eBay controls every aspect of all transactions...............Hot fun in the summertime....................................

Message 38 of 223
latest reply

There is either a system glitch, or eBay has been compromised. I forwarded the message to spoof@ and abuse@. No response. The site is showing a 4 hour wait time for CS and will not allow any other contact options at this point.

I'm guessing its pretty clear they know something is going on at this point, but they need to send out a communication pronto!
Message 39 of 223
latest reply

I believe A LOT of sellers recieved this, before googling to see if others had the issue (as you all do) I called customer service and the wait is between 3-4 hours. We're not alone, just a bug.

Message 40 of 223
latest reply

I got one, too, and what is even more suspicious is that the email I got contained 1)My correct name, 2) my correct eBay account name, and 3) my correct monthly fee.

I BELIEVE THAT EBAY's CUSTOMER DATABASE HAS BEEN HACKED AND WE HAVE NOT BEEN NOTIFIED!  (Which is illegal under California law I do believe, or US federal law.)

Message 41 of 223
latest reply

Same here - even paid via their automated paypal payment...

Kids - this happens if you legalize drugs in a state and everybody is using them....

Pathetic, and not even the usual "oh, we screwed up again, here are 10 free listings for you". Time to move away here.

Message 42 of 223
latest reply

Since it didn't come through ebay messages it should be treated as a major security breech and folks would be wise to change all passwords ASAP....

Message 43 of 223
latest reply

Same here.

Message 44 of 223
latest reply

ATTN SELLERS. THE COLLECTION EMAIL FROM EBAY IS A SCAM. DO NOT CLICK ON ANYTHING
Message 45 of 223
latest reply