cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What if the buyer asks his children or relatives to sign at delivery and claim he never got item?

We can send an iPhone to the buyer, with Signature Required. And the Tracking by UPS showed "Delivered and Signed", but what if the buyer asked his children or relative to sign it, and then later on, claimed that he never got the product?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

What if the buyer asks his children or relatives to sign at delivery and claim he never got item?

I could be wrong so someone will definitely correct me if so. I believe anyone in that household can sign as it is proof it WAS delivered to that household.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

I could be wrong so someone will definitely correct me if so. I believe anyone in that household can sign as it is proof it WAS delivered to that household.

Yes as long as they are old enough.  18+, I believe.

Unless it is sent that a specific person has to sign for it, which is more expensive.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Well, just tell the buyer to file a police report against the kid or relative that won't turn over the package.  They should be able to take the person who signed for it to small claims court to recover the item or money.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

The last I read, all the major carriers were allowing the driver to sign for packages to avoid contact with others.

I could be wrong but I don't believe ebay even looks at a signature.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@winter_heat 

As long as the person signing is 18, anyone can sign for the item, it doesn't even have to be the right address and they can still sign.

As long as tracking shows delivered and signed, you should be covered.

If they claim the package was empty or damaged, then you'll have problems.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Delivered is delivered. It sounds like the problem may be a family matter. This is a sad time, it is ugly.

I sending hope to us all,

Grandma 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I will never sell an old phone on ebay. Period.  

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

He can claim whatever he wants. Item is delivered he will lose case

Message 9 of 9
latest reply