cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to the eBay Social Media scheduling ahead tool?

Anyone know what has happened to the Social scheduling tool? I can post in real time to my FB and Instagram accounts but if I schedule an item to be shared it just sits in the queue and doesn't get posted. 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@gr8prices1 

You can find the technical Issues Board here:  https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/bd-p/technicalissues-db 

Screenshot 2024-02-04 052059.png

FYI I added 4 additional posts to the scheduled queue yesterday and they all posted overnight. According to the timestamp on FB they posted between 7-8 hours after the scheduled time. I am sorry to hear your scheduled posts have not been posted.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 17 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Hi @gr8prices1 

This forum supports eBay , please google FBM solutions on their website.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

This is about an eBay program offered "on the eBay platform" so it is appropriate to ask that question here. 

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I have not tried the new social marketing here on eBay

Hopefully other sellers chime in to help on your question

Does it work ok if you post right away without scheduling? 

I have been thinking of trying it out 

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@gr8prices1 wrote:

This is about an eBay program offered "on the eBay platform" so it is appropriate to ask that question here. 

@gr8prices1   Ahhhh yes, now I know what you are referring to.  Since it is a newer feature I did not connect the dots.  We get members asking about all kinds of other platforms here so please accept my apology.  Nothing I can help you with but I am sure someone can.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

@gr8prices1 

The last time I scheduled a post there was about a 2 hour lag. I have one scheduled for noon today, I will let you know if it posts.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Thank you! I have not seen it work at all. I did see one day that it was lagged but now it's just not posting. Wonder if a lot of sellers are using it. 

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

It does work if you just use the post feature and not try to schedule it. I've been using the scheduler since last November and it was working GREAT! Now nothing. I hope someone will chime in. 

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

No worries. 

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@gr8prices1 

The post should have gone up about 15 minutes ago and it is still sitting in "Scheduled". I also have the auto-posting feature turned on and the first 10 listings that I put up 5 hours ago have not been posted yet either. 

What time were your posts scheduled for? Maybe we are just experiencing extended lag time?

I have to go out and do some errands, so I will check again to see if mine is posted when I get back.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I have seen them sit in the queue scheduler and not posted after 2 days. It's just not working. 

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@gr8prices1 

Wow, 2 days sitting after the scheduled time to post is way too long. Mine is still sitting in Scheduled 2 1/2 hours after it was supposed to be posted. 

I think I am going to keep an eye on the one I had scheduled for noon, add a few more, and see what happens over the remainder of the weekend. If they have not posted by Monday, I guess it will be time to report it to eBay customer service.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

I'd post on the technical board first - CS can't really do much, I don't think.

ETA: I've never used the scheduler, just post to my channels in real time, so no help there.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@chapeau-noir 

Good idea!

I usually report to customer service and then post to the technical issues board if the issue does not get resolved.  However, flipping the order as you suggest, might be better. 

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@gr8prices1 

The scheduled post that was supposed to go up at noon just posted to my FB page. The lag time on this one was 7 hours.

Are your scheduled posts starting to go up?

Message 15 of 17
latest reply