cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number of negative feedbacks allowed for 1 purchase

Hello, I am at my wits in,  I hope someone can help me , I canceled a  transaction recently  because this buyer was harassing me with questions about a item, every question he asked was answered in the listing if he bothered to read the listing also he was using all different user id's to ask the questions,  I did answer every question he asked and he bought the item finally, then  he started  asking questions  again after the sale, I  answered them until I had had enough and was getting concerned he was starting to scare me, so I canceled his sale blocked all the user id's he used,  waited a couple of days relisted the item which were bought  quickly it looked like it wasn't him .   apparently it was him under yet another user id,  I had called ebay about him , they assured me they would look into it and remove any neg fedbk  he might leave, well so far he has left me 3 neg fedbks for the 1 purchase all different id's, ebay will do nothing about it . how is he able to do this how many feedbacks are you allowed for 1 transaction.  Help please any advice.   Thank you.

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Only one per transaction.

It appears for the first item number you sold 2, resulting in 2 different transactions. The buyer used the same account and you cancelled 2 different purchases.

It appears for the second item number (the relist) the buyer used a different account, hence the third feedback.

Three transactions = three feedback.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Only one per transaction.

It appears for the first item number you sold 2, resulting in 2 different transactions. The buyer used the same account and you cancelled 2 different purchases.

It appears for the second item number (the relist) the buyer used a different account, hence the third feedback.

Three transactions = three feedback.

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

This is exactly the problem with Ebay's feedback system.  You are a very experienced seller and there should come a point where these negatives cannot be left if the buyer has been refunded in full.  Ebay already will drop us from top rated if we have too many INADs, so the system is somewhat already in place.  

I still have buyers using the feedback system to give detailed ratings of the product like they are on Amazon.

I can see your frustration and energy spent on this, when the energy should be used for listing and making Ebay better.  It also creates more stress for us and assuming there has been a "straw that broke the camel's back" with some sellers and they just quit. 

Also, you shouldn't be able to leave negatives like this buyer did for sales that are cancelled the same day for miscounting stock or an item is lost in our storage.  It happens to the best of us.  

How about if you cancel the same day you cannot be left a negative, but it is a $5 fee.  Give that $5 to the buyer as Ebay bucks.  He is better off than we would have been with just a cancellation and for us sellers the $5 is a small price to pay to alleviate headaches like you experienced.

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

Thank you for your reply  Yes I am considering quitting, but I won't let that jerk win , these 3 negs have brought my ratings down considerably  but I am hoping that people will see past the 3 negs to all of the positives and it won't affect my sales.  Ebay has let me down in such a big way. I had no idea they allowed feedback given when a transaction was canceled and the buyer received the full refund. I canceled him because I felt he was not on the up and up and also was very suspicious of his use of all the user ids, I figured he would be trouble and I just didn't want to deal with him, Boy was I right! my instinct was right but unfortunately not in my favor. Again Thank you for your  reply and your understanding. Regards L

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

So a buyer spends a couple of hours finding an item, researching price, researching seller and condition, asks questions, and then finally pulls the trigger and buys an item.  The seller then cancels and refunds.  The buyer is then back to square one but is out all their time and effort.  That doesn't seem like a positive experience for a buyer to me.  I am condoning this buyer, but I totally get why eBay allows negative feedback in situations where a buyer cancels without sending.

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

Troubling indeed. Awhile back EBAY was lightening quick to remove a new feedback I left for an individual who has scammed probably thousands of people. Who has received as many as 80 negative feedbacks and as many neutral feedbacks because someone was not really aware of what he was doing and believed him when he claimed "A mistake at the warehouse." But up to  80 bad feedbacks a month every month for possibly years. He continues to get more blatant in his tactics and from what I can tell from recent feedbacks he is in fact doing it more often and I suspect with a sense of immunity as I am not sure he has ever been warned let alone suspended.   Mine neg feedback was removed because at one point after I realized what this guy was doing and decided to press the issue. I contacted a telephone agent who assured me that the time constraint would not be an issue because he opened the ticket.  Well wouldn't you know. It was denied by another shill for the defendant. My ticket gave a wealth of evidence in not just my case but many others, exactly what he was doing. To many many people every month. Probably good honest EBAYers. He send the wrong item. Far below the quality of the purchase he guarantees in his listing You know " You will receive this exact item shown" Then he sends different or broken or rotted items. When people make an issue he first ignores his emails from the upset for up to weeks. I suspect hoping they will go away. And many probably do. In my case he started asking me ridiculous question I couldn't answer. Something about making the request from the computer that I bought the item with,  and this is the only computer I have. Others get offered a few bucks off on even something broken. Which when denied the ignoring begins again. I am sure to string out the time limits to appeal. NEVER EVER does he honor the request to just send the item you purchased. Even if you offer to keep the first and then buy the other. You will not get what you bought. And that is just one example of the grift. He has a few others. And he uses them over and over and over.  It goes on and on. If you don't think I am telling the truth give me a holler and I will point you in the right direction. However I will not further add to the story so don't bother asking. You can get what you might need here. I am sure there is some policy somewhere that EBAY would use against me if I started naming names of a volume seller. I just think wow. 20 years ago it was nothing like this. If you were acting in bad faith you got a warning right away. Do it again a time or two and you were done. No resets.. No dropping off negative feedback after a year. etc.

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

I'm curious as to what reason you used to cancel their first purchase?  It doesn't sound like the buyer asked to cancel.

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

Thank you for your imput,  I have not given up, that buyer needs to be looked into and I will keep on ebay about it until someone listens to me and investigates him and ALL his user ids, addresses, BUYER NAMES ETC, As of now he has 5 different ids he does not sell and has very few feedbacks 0-3 on his accts.

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

The reason I canceled was harassment,  but that was not a option for a reason (they only give you 3 options) so I said item unavailable, I had politely answered 10+ unnecessary questions from him and they all could have been answered if he had read my listing. also I was not comfortable with all of his different user ids, addresses and buyer names he was using. Regards L

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

". . . but I totally get why eBay allows negative feedback in situations where a buyer cancels without sending."

Did you perhaps mean "where a SELLER cancels without sending."?

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

"GET OFF MY LAWN!" screamed the 20 year seller who thinks buyers should bow before them........

The buyer asked a lot of questions. Well duh! I would hope so. If a buyer outside of the country wants an item in the US, they have zero protections if they ship with a freight forwarder. So they better be sure about what they are ordering because a return is not terribly likely. If a buyer asking questions is bad to you, then you need to find something else to do. Selling is not for you. If a buyer asks no questions, and they are unhappy, sellers skewer buyers for being "idiots" for not reading the listing and asking questions. If buyers ask questions, they are "harassing" the seller. 

Which way do you sellers WANT it? No questions is bad, and asking them is bad too. IMO, the seller here got what they deserved. Was the buyer a scammer? Who knows. What we do know is the seller is good at cancelling orders and being offended when buyers ask questions. Neither of which is a sign of being a good seller here. It is a requirement to have good customer service skills to be a seller ANYWHERE. 

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

Your certainly entitled to your opinion, but you don't know me or my history on ebay, so I take your remarks with a grain of salt . 

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

''but I am hoping that people will see past the 3 negs to all of the positives and it won't affect my sales''

I would have looked past the 3 neg's, but I would be hitting the back button the minute  I read your replies - name calling? they are rude and non professional.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 13 of 30
latest reply

@tattyrose wrote:

Your certainly entitled to your opinion, but you don't know me or my history on ebay, so I take your remarks with a grain of salt . 

Yes, your history DOES speak for itself. You like to cancel orders and get nasty in feedback. A real professional acts just like that. Ugh. 

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

OMG I have over 11000 feedbacks in over 20 yrs  with maybe 4 or 5 cancelations for good reason and most have been canceled by the buyer, so please spare me the holier then thou attitude  who are you to judge anyone.

Message 15 of 30
latest reply