cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you think of sites where people write down bad sellers or buyers ID's?

Hi

I would be careful about posting someone's Ebay ID somewhere and saying what they did (Or did not do and lie to damage them). Don't you open yourself for a potential lawsuit? What about if someone posts their hated EX ID to have them blocked by many people or damage their business?

Weatherloach

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I have plenty to BBL without ever having to look at those sites.   

While I know they exist, I'm not actively looking for people to block, kwim?   So, I block if I or someone on a board I'm on have had a bad experience or if I read about them on here AND they buy the types of items I sell.  I don't see the point in wasting a precious spot for someone who buys auto parts or sports memorabilia if that's not what I sell.   That's just my 2 cents. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Naming and shaming on these boards violates the forum policy.  Those type of comments are usually removed.  It's the same if a seller posts a negative positive review. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I think it is worthless, that being said I would not be afraid to publicly  post a truthful account of a bad buying experience be it a large company or a individual 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I think it's an inevitable consequence of eBay's refusal to allow sellers to leave feedback for buyers. Sellers are going to fight back against eBay's skewed buyer-can-do-no-wrong policies any way they can.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Not on Ebay, outside Ebay. Check popular social sites and look.

Cute dog! 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Frankly I am surprised some creative entrepreneur has not setup a site where for a nominal fee you could provide account ID's, both buyer and seller, and search for potential ecommerce scammers similar to the way there are several sites where you can report and block phone numbers. 

The ecommerce environment is so heavily tilted towards the buyer across almost all sites that the sellers have limited capability to protect themselves. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply