Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

Hello Everyone, We're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new interactive series, which is set to take the place of our former "Monthly Chat with eBay Staff" program. This series is designed to bring you closer to the heart of eBay's operati...

What is the cleanest way to add an item to an invoice?

Buyer bought three different items from me and would like something he missed bidding on. I told him I would sell him one for what the starting bid price was and he wants it. So I ended the relisted auction item and turned it into a buy it now thinki...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Anyone want to share their BIGGEST FLIP!?!?

So we've all been brooding over the pandemic, but it's got me reminiscing about the good old days I've had on eBay, and more notably, my biggest money makers, or "flips" as it's called. I don't see any shame in admitting when you've made a flip, but ...

Do all you sellers realize that Ebay takes a fee percentage off of the sales tax it charges also?

Do you realize that ebay takes their final value fee percentage off the sales tax also? WHAT A SCAM!! WE ARE NOT ONLY PAYING FEES TO ACCEPT THEIR PAYMENTS, FINAL VALUE FEES ON SHIPPING, AND NOW ARE PAYING FINAL VALUE FEES ON THE SALES TAX BUYERS ARE ...

Self-employment tax when income tax is zero

Unless I’m misinterpreting the tax code, a seller who doesn’t make enough taxable income to owe income tax would still be required to pay self-employment tax if their net earnings from eBay sales exceeds $400. If correct, low-income and retired selle...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 9 replies
  • 1 helpful

Am I under attack?

I just got back into selling and lately I have had two separate auctions get bid on by two different bidders with zero feedback. One of them was outside of the USA. I was able to cancel the bids and update my buyer requirements with maximum restricti...

• 149 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Not able to update required item specifics

Cannot update required item specifics unless the title is in the drop down menu? There are literally hundreds of millions of book titles and authors. Not all are in that drop down. Putting anything not in their catalog simple forces the option to be ...

User avatar by Rockstar
  • 13 replies
  • 5 helpful

Can anybody tell me what is included in the 1099 total? Are sales, fees and shipping label costs in there? Thank you

third day of promoted sales only

Wasn't there a thing that even though you promoted they would show it organically? I used to get a nice balance but the last three days all sales are promoted. Anyone else any thoughts? I do love sales so if that's the only then oh well but did they ...

• 2 replies
  • 1 helpful

scammers on ebay

SELLING FOR MANY YEARS, MORE THEN ONCE I WAS SCAMMED AND SO MANY OTHER SELLERS ON THIS VERY PLATFORM, MAIN CONCERN IS WHEN CASE IS OPENED WITH A CREDIT CARD from personal experience PEOPLE FROM OTHER COUNTIES REGISTERING THEIR ADDRESSES IN UNITED STA...

the funny thing about time

In an attempt to deal with work-related stress I cut way back on auctions and listing books at Fixed Price. I thought I would then have more time to work on Amazon listings or, I don't know, have a life. But so far it's mostly been just a decline in ...

User avatar by Guide
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Question: how to sell multiple items on a single post

I would like to sell a magazine collection issue by issue. I see that some people sell collections like this as a single post where I am able to choose which of many items I would like to buy. I cannot figure out how to do this on my own posts? How d...

2021 sales records

What is the best way to get a record (in excel) of all of my 2021 sales? I do not subscribe to eBay's Reports option.THanks!

Most Marked as Helpful Authors