cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your general sales patterns during the year? When do you notice more sales?

For the first time in my eBay "career" I have reached the 200 free listings cap that we receive as sellers. This has me a little nervous, as I routinely go out to thrifts everyday and find goodies to sell. Recently, I was experiencing an increase in sales and it almost got *crazy* - but after the Christmas holiday, I have had barely anything sell. I have an uneasy feeling that things are getting ready to screech to a halt. I have over 140 things listed currently, and will be cancelling their recurrence if they don't sell within the next 20 or so days....I'm wondering if anyone has noticed a unique pattern for sales depending on the time of year vs many different things. I hope I am clear with what I am asking. Thank you!

elvis animated GIF
Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: What are your general sales patterns during the year? When do you notice more sales?

The only thing that got unique  last Christmas  was a big lack in sales . In all the Christmas seasons prior there was always double or even triple the normal sales here on E bay  . However  I did see a pretty nice increase in sales elsewhere during the same time frame. Just about the only action I see  here lately  are very low ball offers  that I couldn't accept ,, unless  I wanted to go bankrupt . 

Message 31 of 41
latest reply

Re: What are your general sales patterns during the year? When do you notice more sales?

Good example about cookware during the colder months.  That makes sense.

The "if it isn't listed it can't sell" sounds like a line from an Aflac commercial.

Message 32 of 41
latest reply

You can 'dream on' because I saw Aerosmith three times.  I would never think of selling my stack of concert tickets.  I love to look through my old ticket stubs while spinning my vinyl on the turntable.  

I wonder why anyone would by someone else's used ticket stub.  I suppose if they were at the same concert and didn't keep their ticket or if they were trying to win a bet after lying about being "there".  

Message 33 of 41
latest reply

I don't think that there are any patterns in the Covid era. For the last 20 years we have done shows and sold on eBay and Yahoo Auctions (before they went out of the auction business). I pretty much knew what would sell and when.  The fourth quarter of 2020 was CRAZY. We no longer do shows but the last 3 months have been our biggest months, everything included, in the last 5 years,  I just plan to hang in there and see where the merry-go-round stops.

Message 34 of 41
latest reply

@jayjaspersgarage 

@jayjaspersgarage wrote:

You can 'dream on' because I saw Aerosmith three times.  I would never think of selling my stack of concert tickets.  I love to look through my old ticket stubs while spinning my vinyl on the turntable.  

I wonder why anyone would by someone else's used ticket stub.  I suppose if they were at the same concert and didn't keep their ticket or if they were trying to win a bet after lying about being "there".  

Oh gosh your killing me..3x? I still like Aerosmith...but loved the older 70s. Hubs saw Bob Seager in a bar in Cadillac Mich performing while in College at Ferris state but I'm a lot younger than him so I wasn't there.

The reason I had ask that poster is that the group Yes...was my very favorite next to Queen and cannot believe they had concert tickets!!

Message 35 of 41
latest reply

@libersales wrote:

I don't think that there are any patterns in the Covid era. For the last 20 years we have done shows and sold on eBay and Yahoo Auctions (before they went out of the auction business). I pretty much knew what would sell and when.  The fourth quarter of 2020 was CRAZY. We no longer do shows but the last 3 months have been our biggest months, everything included, in the last 5 years,  I just plan to hang in there and see where the merry-go-round stops.

I'm on that train too - but if USPS keeps raising their shipping prices, like they just released for 2021....we might have some issues....

elvis animated GIF
Message 36 of 41
latest reply

YES! January is always the slowest month of the year for me. Sales in January are almost half of what we sell in December. Busiest months are March-July, and sales will taper until the Christmas boom. 

Message 37 of 41
latest reply

Thread is over two years old.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 38 of 41
latest reply

I sell books (fewer every year), sewing patterns, and stamps on four different IDs.

My slow period, consistently over the decades, is November and December.

Probably, my customers are using their collecting allowance to buy gifts for others.

January through March is busy, slowing down until September when I get a surge, more a wave than a tsunami, until November.

Message 39 of 41
latest reply

As Chap said, this is a 2 year old thread! 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 40 of 41
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 41 of 41
latest reply