cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a Hoot. Ebay's Most Trusted Seller PWCC AUCTIONS found SHILL BIDDING

Has anybody seen the the news article about PWCC AUCTIONS.  They have been shill bidding for years.  Card prices driven up against unsuspecting customers to outrageous prices.   But Ebay still shows them as Most Trusted Seller.   What a Hoot.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: What a Hoot. Ebay's Most Trusted Seller PWCC AUCTIONS found SHILL BIDDING

@chubbycatcollectibles wrote:

Card prices driven up against unsuspecting customers to outrageous prices. 

On eBay, shill bidders can only drive the price up to one bid increment past the highest bid. 

If buyers were already willing to pay a price, is that price really "outrageous"?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

And then the real clue for shill bidding is that the shill does not want to win. He wants the underbidder to win at the highest possible price.

But as @luckythewinner  says the shill cannot make a bidder pay more than he was willing to bid.

Nonetheless, shilling is illegal, not just on eBay but Real Life call the cops perp walk illegal.

The PWCC situation had a much longer discussion yesterday.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

The most trusted should not be trusted more than anyone else.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Many large auction houses reserve the right to place "house bids" on their lots. Heritage for example. Yes, it's shill bidding, it's disclosed in their terms though. I would think that disclosure of that will hurt PWCC though.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

The article / history I read over a month ago was a red flag! 

It's interesting how people will exhaust their energy to scam rather than be honest or take on a working job with benefits.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

this is why I'm listing my cards as pick up only until the fraud is fixed and seller / buyer confidence is restored.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

this is why I'm listing my cards as pick up only until the fraud is fixed and seller / buyer confidence is restored.

How does that solve the problem and what about the rest of your stuff?

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

This isn't the first trading card scandal that PWCC has been involved in. Two years ago, their name came up regarding "trimming" trading cards to make them more valuable. 

Organizer: eBay Meetup Group: S.E. Michigan Online Sellers, Resellers and Thrifters eBay Etc
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Their Ebay site does not list anything. Has the bad publicity shut them down? 

Under federal law, auction companies are allowed to bid on their own items unless they state or imply that they do not. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

ebay claims PWCC is shilling.  I'm sure it probably doesn't have anything to do with PWCC starting their own auctions and taking that ebay profit along with them.  And, of course, ebay is well known for their transparency, integrity, up-front pricing/billing, etc., etc.

Of yes, let us not forget that PWCC is guilty - without proof being offered - or has it?  If so, who is facing charges?

Ho hum, just another weekend.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

numisnorway
Trailblazer

Not surprised in the slightest. What surprises me though it that it comes to the surface and that ebay is doing something right.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply