cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well friends...the complaints are starting...Get ready!

Well, just saw the first of many complaints about the Trump sneakers.  Here's one of them:

The worst seller on eBay, I placed an order by mistake, I immediately contacted seller to cancel transaction. Seller refused to refund for an item never even physically shipped. Crooked **bleep**, should be in prison, the worst experience ever on eBay.

They received a photo.  Spent over a $1000.  Misleading title and description. Not happy needless to say. Get ready for more.

Have a great day friends!

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: Well friends...the complaints are starting...Get ready!

@retro_entertainment_collectibles 

I wasn't even born in the 60's...lol...sorry. 

Message 31 of 41
latest reply

@inhawaii 

You can always ask...😊

Message 32 of 41
latest reply

@ckimodog wrote:

@retro_entertainment_collectibles 

I wasn't even born in the 60's...lol...sorry. 

Oh sure, just go blaming me for the 70's, 80's, 90's and 100's.

I went to Woodstock (not really).  I wanted to go to Woodstock (not really).  I was conceived at Woodstock (not really).  They put me in a Wooden Stock when I was a baby (This is possible).

Message 33 of 41
latest reply

@duffy4444 wrote:

Sending a photo for $1000 reminds me of a Judge Judy case a few years ago. The defendant (seller) scammed the plaintiff (buyer) by sending just a photo of an item for hundreds of dollars. Then had the nerve to appear in front of Judge Judy and be severely embarrassed on national television.  You should have seen and heard the words she gave to the defendant after ruling in favor of the plaintiff for the scam.

The only unfortunate part of the case's outcome is that the plaintiff was paid out of the show's funds, not out of the defendant's pockets, which is probably why the defendant was willing to show up and accept the national embarrassment in the first place.

Cheers, Duffy 

Unless something has changed.... Here is how these shows work...

Plaintiff and defendant agree to go on the show. Each appearing party (plaintiff/defendant/witnesses) are paid to appear (usually $500). The judge decides the case. Whoever wins, gets the other's appearance money, but anything over that amount, the loser still has to pay. These are arbitration meetings on these shows, and carry the weight of the law with their decisions. So if a plaintiff sues for 1500, the defendant still has to pay 1000. 

That's how they did work anyway, several years ago. It may have changed, but "used to be" someone still had to pay, it wasn't the show covering the judgement cost. 

Message 34 of 41
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@ckimodog wrote:

Get ready for more.

What should I get ready for, and why do I need to?

It may surprise you to know that my answer has nothing to do with Ebay.  Our sales on Ebay is not a major concern to me.  I know ... I blaspheme.

You should get ready for double-digit inflation, a general degeneration of American society.  Civil discourse, riots and looting will be common.  No police presence.  If you come under attack, you better be able to defend yourself.  Don't count on me - I will be busy and I'll want to pick your bones anyway.  Anarchy.  Faster degeneration of infrastructure; roads, hospitals, educational institutions, and power grids.   In a word ... Oakland, CA in a MadMax world.

As to why?   You are in the majority who don't even suspect a problem.

We call them 'prey'.

Message 35 of 41
latest reply

Immediate NAD chargeback. 

Message 36 of 41
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt 

Now it looks like the bots have stopped taking down these fraudulent listings and the pre order listings.  Lots of photos for sale again.  Lots more upset customers who don't read.  smh. 

Message 37 of 41
latest reply

TrumPetz? Do you mean 🎺?

Message 38 of 41
latest reply

Now it looks like the bots have stopped taking down these fraudulent listings and the pre order listings.  Lots of photos for sale again.  Lots more upset customers who don't read.  smh. 

Hopefully those buyers are simply starting a chargeback with their CC company for NAD. They will most likely prevail and be fully refunded. The seller will still be out the shipping cost and have to still pay the FVF's on the transaction. 

On the down side I fear that not enough of those buyers are aware of this and these con artists are getting by with the deception. 

Message 39 of 41
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt 

It gets better...here's a listing that just reads the shoes for sale.  In very small font the seller (new) posted this:

This is just the photos of the shoe, buy at your own risk!

Blatant thievery!  It's got to stop! There are also 8 bids on the photo. Yikes!

Message 40 of 41
latest reply

@duffy4444 wrote:

Sending a photo for $1000 reminds me of a Judge Judy case a few years ago. The defendant (seller) scammed the plaintiff (buyer) by sending just a photo of an item for hundreds of dollars. Then had the nerve to appear in front of Judge Judy and be severely embarrassed on national television.  You should have seen and heard the words she gave to the defendant after ruling in favor of the plaintiff for the scam.

The only unfortunate part of the case's outcome is that the plaintiff was paid out of the show's funds, not out of the defendant's pockets, which is probably why the defendant was willing to show up and accept the national embarrassment in the first place.

Cheers, Duffy 

I remember a case like that.

Message 41 of 41
latest reply