cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We sellers demand the option to block buyer with "Private" feedback, scams extortion and trolling

I am tired of buyers with "PRIVATE" feedback causing issues.  Most of them are Trolls & Scamers.  Every buyer who had "Private" feedback that purchased an item from me, Iv had a problem with, and I dont want to sell or have any interaction with buyers with "Private" feedback anymore!!!!!  They do stuff like purchase an item without paying, and then they leave neg or neatral feedback.  they also use feedback to extort items & refunds.  The only reason they set their feedback to "Private" is to cover the trail, that ebay lets them get away with.  Seller please stand up, and demand that we sellers should have the option to block all buyers with "Private" Feedback.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

We sellers demand the option to block buyer with "Private" feedback, scams extortion and trolling

Here is the actual policy link: 

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html

Have it in front of you when you call.

As was quoted, it's under this section:  Respond to a cancellation request from a buyer

View Best Answer in original post

Message 13 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Sadly, eBay will never add more blocks. They don't even want us to have the ones that are already in place.  To them, any sale is a good one...schemer, scammer, loser...makes no difference.  eBay doesn't care if you are victimized as long as they are making money.

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

If they didn't pay, I believe Ebay will remove the neutral feedback if you call them..........

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Yes.  And if you open a case of non-payment in the resolution center the feedback will he removed and you will get your final value fee refunded as well.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

If the buyer doesnt pay, then cancles the transaction, they can still leave feedback.  if you look at my feedback, you will see I have a comment still their, that ebay says it still follows their policy, so they cant remove it.  they say the buyer can still leave feedback because its not about the purchase, its about the buyers exsperiance.  I also googled the buyers name and found a forum where other sellers said they had problems with that buyer for 2 years!!!!

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

buy cancled purchase with in minutes of purchasing, buyers can still leave feedback in that situation.  the buyer who did it knows this, and does it to other people.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

While you're assumptions may be based on your perceived experiences, they are generally false.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

If the BUYER requests to cancel, any negative or neutral feedback qualifies for removal.

If the SELLER cancels, feedback stands.

We?  In the past I was apprehensive about selling to private FB buyers, but it means nothing really.  Difficult buyers come in all shapes and forms from zero FB to thousands of FB; from those who leave FB and from those who don't.

Your response makes you look bad.  Calling the buyer a troll??  It's about your future buyers - not  a place to battle with the current one.   You'd have been better off replying with "Was clearly listed with local-pick up option only"

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

@anthonys-past-treasures wrote:

buy cancled purchase with in minutes of purchasing, buyers can still leave feedback in that situation.  the buyer who did it knows this, and does it to other people.

If your statement is accurate, this is the ebay policy:

Respond to a cancellation request from a buyer

A buyer can request to cancel a transaction within 1 hour of purchasing the item, even if they've already paid for the item.

When a buyer asks to cancel a transaction, you have 3 days to approve or decline the request.

If you approve the cancellation request and the buyer has already paid for the item, you have 10 days to refund the buyer.

If your buyer cancels a purchase, they can't leave you negative or neutral Feedback or low detailed seller ratings about the transaction.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Yes they can still leave feedback.  call ebay and ask for yourself.  i talk to multiple  people at ebay and they all said the same thing, thats why the feedback comment is still their on my feedback.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

The feedback still stands, even tho the buyer didnt pay and asked to cancle within minites.  i called mutiple time about it.  But what this discusion is really about is that we sellers should have the option to block buyer with private feedback if we want to.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

The only reason they set their feedback to "Private" is to cover the trail

I keep my feedback private for 2 main reasons.

1.  I post on the boards

2. It isn't anyones business what I buy

But feel free to add me to your BBL

I saw that...

~KARMA
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Here is the actual policy link: 

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html

Have it in front of you when you call.

As was quoted, it's under this section:  Respond to a cancellation request from a buyer

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

@anthonys-past-treasures wrote:

The feedback still stands, even tho the buyer didnt pay and asked to cancle within minites.  i called mutiple time about it.  But what this discusion is really about is that we sellers should have the option to block buyer with private feedback if we want to.

If you owned a brick & mortar store would you require the buyer to show you their buying history before they could enter? 

Yeah - you didn't deserve the feedback. 

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Do you really believe this buyer bought the item to mess with you instead of missing the fact that it is local pickup only?

Your response makes you look paranoid and angry. Consider your audience. You fouled your own space.

Message 15 of 23
latest reply