cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We know you been a value seller for over 10 years, BUT YOU WILL NOT BE GETTING ANY LOVE FROM EBAY.

First of all it is truly upsetting when I call customer service and they say thank you for all your years of service. My account has been setting at below standard for 5 months for 3 disputes because of eBay Standard Shipping. I have sold thousands of cards using this service and at least 5 to 6 hundred tracking never updated. I never looked at it being any big deal because I always refunded a buyer who said item as not received. The problem with this is when your account is below standard eBay will not try to sell your items. The reason why is you are unable to pay the added pimping fee, proper wording Promoted Listing fee. I am a disable person and I really use a lot of energy to put  items up for auction. If you are not going to help sell my item tell me. You are charging me $50 a month for a store and I can not even sell $20 of items each month.

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: We know you been a value seller for over 10 years, BUT YOU WILL NOT BE GETTING ANY LOVE FROM EBA

Since you are paying for the store and have 2000 listings already created, then I see no reason to not list them.  At least you can hope they sell versus having no hope if not listed.

Message 16 of 51
latest reply

Re: We know you been a value seller for over 10 years, BUT YOU WILL NOT BE GETTING ANY LOVE FROM EBA

@tobaccocardyahoo wrote:

ESE is an attempt by USPS to gerryrig a new service to utilize excess First Class Letter capacity by repurposing the routing bar code to tracking.

The motivation of the USPS and sellers using it is primarily financial, and it is an inferior service.

Ebay's motivation appears to have been to allow sellers of very inexpensive items to avoid the penalties associated with shipping untracked, or deciding not to offer very cheap product which cannot stand the costs of a proper tracked service.

You have discovered that you get what you pay for, and ESE is no bargain when you have to pay the fee for Below Standard performance.

I tried it, decided I was playing Russian Roulette and stopped before creating the problem you have.

Ebay cannot fix, this service. USPS cannot fix this service. You might be able to fix it by changing how you package the cards in the envelope, but every seller who uses it successfully has a different recommendation.

As a seller with a significant number of low ticket items sold, you were in a tight spot. Looks like your current limited offerings are aimed at a ticket which is more realistic for a proper shipping service, but obviously cannot reach the volume you had. And, of course, make the effort to get out from under the Below Standard penalty almost impossible for many months.

Of course, Ebay has recently increased the categories which can use ESE hoping they will find some products which behave well using it.

If someone can sell something which is a lot like a letter, they can probably safely use it.

USPS does not run the program and has had nothing to do with it. It's not ANY part of the USPS tracking system. I know you think you have everything all figured out, but you are COMPLETELY wrong about your assertions of the ESE program's origins. 

Message 17 of 51
latest reply

@1packofsportscards wrote:

Thank you for the reply, All my feedback is from selling an that is why I have a eBay store and wrote the post. Also I had just renewed my yearly subscription and if you cancel it there is still a big penalty fee. I had no ideal my account would be held for ransom this long. Why leave 2000 items listed when absolutely nothing was selling. Without above standard account you cannot Promote (pimp fee) without Promoting you cannot sell. I call it pimp fees because since this introduced on eBay I notice I was paying more in fees than what I was taking home. So why I was trying to sell an item cheaper then the next seller I was hurting my take home. My take home is not eBay fought that's all me for not paying attention.

If you have to pay for the store, then wouldn't it make sense to at least leave your items up? No chance of sales if nothing is listed. If this is your honest attitude, you may as well cancel the store and pay the fee. You do not appear to be motivated to sell anyway, and you are going to pay the store fee over the next year. It makes sense to do one of two things:

1 Cancel the store, pay the fee, and walk away.

2 List your items, take whatever sales you get, and try to rebuild your store. 

Either way, you are going to pay it. One way offers at least some opportunity to make money and pay the fees.  The other washes your hands of the situation and you don't have to deal with it anymore. 

Message 18 of 51
latest reply

"Without above standard account you cannot Promote (pimp fee) without Promoting you cannot sell. I call it pimp fees because since this introduced on eBay I notice I was paying more in fees than what I was taking home."

Oh -- you noticed you were paying more in fees to eBay . . . .
. . . . after you agreed to let eBay keep more in fees . . . .
. . . . for the possibility of increased sales . . . . 

. . . . using eBay's Promoted Listings program.  

I think schools are failing in many subject areas, logic and strategy being two important ones.  

My selling ID tried Promoted Listings on a couple listings a couple years ago. 
The items did not sell.  The items didn't even have more views or watchers.  
My selling ID does not add Promotions to any of her listings now.  

Message 19 of 51
latest reply

I don't understand how ebay standard shipping caused your account to be below standard?  Are you sure that is the cause?  Neither late shipping or INR metrics should do that.  There are punishments but below standard isn't one of them afaik. 

When buyers are opening INR's are you refunding them or are you waiting for ebay to do so?  If  you are not refunding them on your own, than that is why you are below standard, not just because you used ESE.

Your dashboard should shown what percentages are causing the problem.

https://sellerstandards.ebay.com/dashboard?region=US

Message 20 of 51
latest reply

Standard envelope is not your problem. It is something else. 

My standard envelope account has a 0 percent transaction defect rate and a 0 percent late shipment rate. 2988 transactions in current reporting period. Every single item was shipped standard envelope.

If your envelopes getting no scans then you are either printing them too light, too blurry or packing them wrong so they get shredded in the sort machine. 

Message 21 of 51
latest reply

@1packofsportscards 

" I even started adding Please Scan for tracking on the front of the envelope to to avoid problems."

There is absolutely NO reason to add "Please Scan" on your ESEs -- because NO human being is going to read that anyway!

The ESEs are NOT "scanned" at your local post office.  All mail is shipped at the end of the day to a USPS Distribution Center, usually in a different city, and even possibly a different county.  There, the mixed mail is dumped onto conveyer belts, where the sorting process begins.

But NO human being is looking at envelopes for any "special messages."

It sounds as if some of your ESEs are not receiving the initial "scan," which is more of an "acceptance" scan than anything else.

If you are mailing your ESEs at the mail drop at your local post office, make sure that you are using the "Metered Mail" slot, which is inside the post office lobby.  This is the most efficient method to make sure that your ESEs are receiving that initial "scan" at the USPS Distribution Centers.

Message 22 of 51
latest reply

Thank you for your reply, I just want to the seller in post #4 does not use eBay Standard Shipping on none of the books they sell. Second you have not sold anything on eBay since WWII.

Message 23 of 51
latest reply

Donnie Brasco

Message 24 of 51
latest reply

Thank you for your reply but it looks like you do not sell either way these days promoted or not. Do you guys hang on to your account to enter your **bleep** or what.

Message 25 of 51
latest reply

User @buyselljack2016 is using a posting ID so that vengeful users can't go mess up their selling account.  They've been around a long time, you should respect what they say.

Message 26 of 51
latest reply

Thank you for your reply but do you use the service I talking about?

Message 27 of 51
latest reply

@1packofsportscards 

"I just want to the seller in post #4 does not use eBay Standard Shipping on none of the books they sell. Second you have not sold anything on eBay since WWII."

I am the seller in post #4 -- and, NO, I do not send the books I sell in the ESE (the ESE is not intended for shipments of books -- and, besides, my books are too thick, and also weigh more than 3 ounces).

But I do use the ESE to ship old trading cards, postage stamps, coins and stickers -- and have never had a problem using the ESE.  Never.

Secondly -- eBay has not been around since World War II -- so I'm not sure how that is even an issue.

Message 28 of 51
latest reply

None of your items even qualify for eBay Standard Shipping Donnie.

Message 29 of 51
latest reply

Why are you calling people "Donnie"?  Are you attempting to insult them?

Message 30 of 51
latest reply