cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are raising our final value fees to bring you a service that is free.

Whoever wrote this should run for office...

fvf.png

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

eBay made a funny:

"we’ll also be investing in marketing to drive traffic and new buyers"

HA

Message 31 of 35
latest reply

All I can say is I hope the Jewelry Authenticators are more adept and professional at their jobs than the Sneaker, Handbag, Watch and Trading Card authenticators are, I have read some horror stories.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 32 of 35
latest reply

Actually the Final Value fee depends on the seller's subscriber level.  Non store and starter store sellers will pay 15%.  Basic and higher store subscribers will pay 13%.  eBay did the same thing when they offered their Authenticity Guarantee for Luxury handbags.  Increased the final value fees to 15%  for Non store and starter store sellers;  Basic and higher store subscribers are paying 13%.  eBay always finds a way to line their pockets at our expense.

Message 33 of 35
latest reply

@lightlily_arts wrote:

Actually the Final Value fee depends on the seller's subscriber level.  Non store and starter store sellers will pay 15%.  Basic and higher store subscribers will pay 13%.  eBay did the same thing when they offered their Authenticity Guarantee for Luxury handbags.  Increased the final value fees to 15%  for Non store and starter store sellers;  Basic and higher store subscribers are paying 13%.  eBay always finds a way to line their pockets at our expense.

There's also a threshold where the fee changes. For jewelry it's $2.5K, for handbags it's $2K. I posted this on another thread, but it's worth repeating here.

All sellers in jewelry are getting hit with higher fees, but the higher the value, the higher the increase.

You can review the chart which shows that the old pricing structure was split:

OLD store fee: Sales over $2.5k saw one fee percentage for the first $2.5K and a lower fee percentage for any amount over $2.5K on the same item.

NEW store fee: Sales over $5k will see a single fee percentage on the entire amount - no more split fee. It's still lower than the overall category fee, but the increase is significantly higher than what sales up to $5k will see.

Most store sellers will see an 11% increase in jewelry fees (going up from 11.7% to 13%).

Bigger increases will be seen for anything over $2.5k where the fee is currently split.

A $3k sale for a store owner currently runs $304.55 FVF. Starting Sept 12 that same sale will run $390.30 which is a 28% increase.

A $10k sale for a store owner currently runs $469.05 FVF. Starting Sept 12 that same sale will run $700.30 which is a 49% increase.

Non-store seller fees are very different and you can do the math on that if you're interested.

I think it's funny that the chart shows some examples to demonstrate the difference, but didn't include an example over $2.5k - guess they didn't want to show how big of a leap there is on higher end items.

I will credit eBay for putting most of the fee burden on the higher end sales that will be using the service, but it still stinks for low end fashion jewelry to carry more weight. Handbags saw a similar change last year where it went from a split fee on higher end sales to a single fee divided at the $2k mark.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 34 of 35
latest reply

AMEN!

Message 35 of 35
latest reply