cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are raising our final value fees to bring you a service that is free.

Whoever wrote this should run for office...

fvf.png

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

😂

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

Yep. increasing to 15% on total amount of sale. 

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

@bargainsandbaubles 

This was also presented on another platform I sell on.  They will cover you for sales over $250.  

Thank you for posting. 

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

And, WE get the FREE pleasure of increased fees for items not even covered in the guarantee!  SOOOO generous of them!  The mental gymnastics is astounding.

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

There is no such thing as free -  "free" ALWAYS has a price.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 6 of 35
latest reply

@bargainsandbaubles 

Had not taken the time to read this yet.

Wow.  15%. 

As usual, the timing for this is not a good one.  (Except for e-Bay).  *sigh*

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 7 of 35
latest reply

“To help fulfill our commitment to the jewelry category, final value fees*”

Is corporate spin for “LOL commitment…we just want more of your money”.

So it looks like the increased FVF is for fashion jewelry too. Basically everyone pays more to subsidize the authenticity guarantee program for fine jewelry over $500. Meanwhile, most of us costume jewelry sellers won’t ever need to use that.

Raise my taxes to improve roads and public schools for the greater good (even though I don’t have kids) and I won’t complain a bit. 

But eBay is over here raising fees for their own gain and trying to sell it as something else. 

They continue to take more from sellers while offering us less and less. Capitalism doing what it does I suppose. 

This couldn’t be timed worse, sellers are struggling with higher costs and a drastic decline in sales and traffic. l pay to promote my listings for visibility on a platform that I pay both a subscription and FVFs to sell on. My sales have tanked 70%. Now is not the time to shake us down for more money.

Imagine if eBay was a physical marketplace or mega antique mall, sellers would be rioting in the streets by now, throwing Eames chairs and Hummels in protest.

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

We have been asking for ebay to charge us more for years. They got rid of the 20% FVF discount because we specifically asked to be able to promote listings...so we can never be seen in a normal search like all other search engines on the planet work.

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

Run for office for sure. Remember "“Read my lips: no new taxes." and no it wasn't Brandon. 

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

Meanwhile, you have to wonder if this "authentication" will do as well (laugh here) as the sneaker one does.   They have a reputation for losing merchandise, damaging same, and swapping things out.  By accident one hopes. 

The authenticators are allegedly GIA-certified.  Will they have proper electronic metal testing equipment or be idiot enough to damage pieces by applying acids directly?  Or scraping flat spots on the piece by overusing a testing stone?  How will they know antique untreated gems from modern messed-about, heated etc ones?  Ceylon sapphires from less pricy ones?  (diamonds are almost the easy part) 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 11 of 35
latest reply

BOHICA!!

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt 

< “Read my lips: no new taxes." >    

Yep, they rolled George on that one.  Nice work if you can get it.  They rolled Ronnie, too, about no new aliens. 

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

"So it looks like the increased FVF is for fashion jewelry too. "

You might want to read the eBay statement again:  it states "final value fees will increase for most sellers effective September 12, 2022."

Emphasis on the word "most."

Sounds as if eBay is planning to raise the FVFs on "most" sellers -- whether or not we sell jewelry.

This could definitely use some clarification from a Blue.

Anyone know how to contact a Blue nowadays?

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

@1786davycrockett wrote:

"So it looks like the increased FVF is for fashion jewelry too. "

Sounds as if eBay is planning to raise the FVFs on "most" sellers -- whether or not we sell jewelry.

This could definitely use some clarification from a Blue.

@velvet@ebay

I sell some basic costume jewelry necklaces. $15 range. Hardly needs authentication. They are listed as

Jewelry & Watches > Fashion Jewelry > Necklaces & Pendants

I am sure there are others in the same position.

Are you really telling us our FVF is going up to pay for the authentication of expensive items we never sell?

PLEASE Say it ain't so.

Or tell me where to list it to avoid what is clearly irrelevant to what we do sell.

Message 15 of 35
latest reply